Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: sakmarksaw
Today 03:45 AM
» Replies: 2320
» Views: 657635
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
Today 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22057
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
Today 03:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22808
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Yesterday 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6790
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Yesterday 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 349
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Yesterday 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2849
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Yesterday 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 192
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
04-18-2024 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26136
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Views: 150
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6239
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220179
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 207
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 207
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98863
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24124
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324836
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1091

Compal KHLB2 Bios Phoenix unlock request
(07-12-2014, 02:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello turnermier & CoolBeans,

Your modified BIOS image is at the bottom of this post. I performed a very full unlock on this BIOS.

Please be sure to read the readme within the archive. It contains disclaimers, warnings, precautions, and a changelog.

The modified BIOS image within the archive is named "bios_mod.wph". You may need to rename it to "bios.wph" before flashing.

Now for the usual warnings/disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that (if applicable) your notebook is fully charged (100%), the power plug is properly connected, and that the chance of the power going out is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk when messing with your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result/consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 642ff6d9d7b6f8df641d16f9f2bc19fc
SHA-1: babdbcb457b2ca40b8a8f5c7bd6bd104aeb3c4d3

YOU ROCK! SERIOUSLY, Thanks!

I will post pictures soon, so you are still going to unlock 1.07?
find
Hello turnermier,

Thanks for the reply, I am glad it worked so well!

Yes, I will mod the newer BIOS now.

The reason the older BIOS mod took so long is that I was feeling adventurous and there was so much to unlock. I have never actually modded the Main Menu before, so I am excited to see how it turned out.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello turnermier & CoolBeans,

I am going to move this thread to the Phoenix Unlocked Forum as the 1.06 version has been confirmed to work.

I am planning to begin work on the 1.07 BIOS image sometime in the near future.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod

www find
Hello turnermier & CoolBeans,

I have returned from vacation as of yesterday and can now resume BIOS modding full time! I will begin work on the 1.07 BIOS. If you are able to, taking and uploading a picture of the modified Main Menu as it appears on your computer would be helpful.

I have recently learned (and confirmed working) some new Phoenix BIOS modding techniques that I wish to apply to the 1.07 BIOS image. Due to these new modding techniques, the number of settings and menus that I can add to BIOS images has drastically increased.

I have also added the confirmed-working 1.06 BIOS mod to the bios-mods Index of Modified BIOS Images.

~Steven

www find
Hello Steven, I also own a laptop with this BIOS. Unfortunately, there is a nasty RAM limitation to 4 GB on the Compal KHLB2, according to their service manual. I have also actually tried installing 8 GB, but the screen remains black, only fans spin up, no BIOS screen. Then I found the info in the service manual :-( Not even 1x4 GB is detected, only the old 2x2 GB modules = modules with max. 2 GB size each are detected / allowed by the BIOS.

The installed chipset (Intel PM45Intel PM45 rev. 07 with Southbridge Intel 82801IM = ICH9-M rev. 03) and CPU (Core 2 Duo T series) support 8 GB, though.

Therefore, I assume the BIOS is the limiting factor.

Have you ever encountered such a limitation in BIOS software? Does you modified 1.06 also include a fix for this limitation? Would really like to upgrade to 8 GB RAM.

Thanks!
find
Wink 
Ping on the thread ;-)

Any ideas on my above post?

Thanks
find
I have another question: The stock BIOS does not have any HDD password security setting in the BIOS "Security" tab. Can you also unlock this feature? Useful for setting encryption password on SSD drive.

Will send a donation if this is unlocked.

Thanks.
find
If 8 GB RAM is unlocked I'll donate too Smile
find
Hello martin10,

Sorry, memory unlocking is beyond my capabilities.

~Steven

www find