Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104590
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425532
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227449
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119625
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

Compaq S4120WM AM37-L unlock request
#1
I have a compaq presario S4120WM with a SALSA v3.12 bois flashed to the 3.20 bios from the driver update section of the HP website on an AM37-L board (the board itself has AM37 stamped on it but the sticker label says AM37-L).

I tried flashing the bios from this thread...http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Hp...-Lots-More with winflash and all it did was change the boot logo to HP instead of compaq.

So I was wondering if my board is different even though it seems to have the same numbers or maybe I need to flash differently? I did try F11 on boot but all that got me was fan notification settings and APIC / S3 settings.

this is a back up of the bios flashed with the sp23966 update from the HP site if it helps...
.bin   am37320old.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 5)

Help would be much appreciated Smile
Thanks, Tj
find
quote
#2
(10-31-2011, 10:40 PM)rmntruexjr Wrote: I have a compaq presario S4120WM with a SALSA v3.12 bois flashed to the 3.20 bios from the driver update section of the HP website on an AM37-L board (the board itself has AM37 stamped on it but the sticker label says AM37-L).

I tried flashing the bios from this thread...http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Hp...-Lots-More with winflash and all it did was change the boot logo to HP instead of compaq.

So I was wondering if my board is different even though it seems to have the same numbers or maybe I need to flash differently? I did try F11 on boot but all that got me was fan notification settings and APIC / S3 settings.

this is a back up of the bios flashed with the sp23966 update from the HP site if it helps...

Help would be much appreciated Smile
Thanks, Tj

HP is Compaq now-a-days, so I'm not suprised about the LOGO change. I have (or had) an Emachines C1904 with the AM37 board. I forget if it was AM37-L, but I will look. I modded it for SLIC-2.1, that's all.
find
quote
#3
yeah, the logo change wasn't a surprise to me but rather it was the only change. The thread I referenced showed a lot of unlocked features but none appeared. I did flash from windows though, so even though it said it was successful, maybe I should try it from a disk.
find
quote
#4
I had to leave this board alone for a while, now I am back to it again but I see nobody seems to have any answers for me lol.
I don't know why my board isn't responding to flashing the modded bios from the other am37-l thread but it says it was successful every try. It's as if the bios in that post is just an original HP bios. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying that's how the board responds to the flash from windowsXP using winflash.
Any insight as to why the only thing the modded bios changes is the logo to HP leaving all other settings like the original bios I uploaded?


find
quote
#5
Well, ok, I guess there is no one that can help me with this.......maybe because it is an old board.
I would think that the old boards would get the attention since I see no point in trying to speed up a new system.

I was interested in the modded bios because this board wont even let me use setfsb (it says chipset error) to overclock, and the bios pics in that thread looked promising.

Thanks anyway.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)