Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3536
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 157
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 244
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119088
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6729
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309470
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61894
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 559
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20208
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169119
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6253
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 759
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5729
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61093
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274929
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 877

Cpu support asrock G41M-VS Q6600
#1
Hello all.

First of all sorry for my English.

I have a asrock G41M-VS motherboard and i need some help to add CPU support on the motherboard.

I got a Q6600 Quad-core thats not supported by my motherboard.

Could someone help me or add / mod a bios and add support for the Q6600 CPU?

I tried to understand microcodes but i just cant get the hang of it.

Link:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41M-VS/
Link bios:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41M-VS/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

I would appreciated if some one could help me out.!

Thank you for reading.!

Best regards,

Najime
find
quote
#2
Did you tried to boot with Q6600? What was the results? Describe in details.
Tell sSpec of your Q6600.
find
quote
#3
(11-09-2016, 03:27 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Did you tried to boot with Q6600? What was the results? Describe in details.

Hello,

Yes i did try to boot with the Q6600.

Did a bios update did a bios reset and no result.

It boots till boot screen and then i get the message:This cpu is not supported system shuts down in 20 sec.

http://ark.intel.com/nl/products/29765/I...66-MHz-FSB

Regars,

Najime
find
quote
#4
OK. But I still need sSpec of your Q6600. Find it on the top of CPU.
And I need a photo of the error you described.
find
quote
#5
(11-09-2016, 03:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: OK. But I still need sSpec of your Q6600. Find it on the top of CPU.

This is whats on the top of  the cpu:

intel 05 Q6600  intel core 2 quad slacr malay 
2.40GHZ/8m/1066/05al817a098

This is the link of intel :
http://ark.intel.com/nl/products/29765/I...66-MHz-FSB

Regards,

Najime
find
quote
#6
sSpec is SLACR, CPUID=0x06FB. BIOS 1.10 has microcode for it: version - 0xB6, date - 07/13/2007
find
quote
#7
(11-09-2016, 04:08 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: sSpec is SLACR, CPUID=0x06FB. BIOS 1.10 has microcode for it: version - 0xB6, date - 07/13/2007

OK. thank you gonna flash the bios and replace the cpu.

Will let you know if it works.

Regards,

Najime
find
quote
#8
I don't think so. But you'll make a photo of error.
find
quote
#9
No its not working.

Error this cpu cannot be supported system shuts down in 20 sec.

Sorry no pic.

regards,

Najime
find
quote
#10
The error string is "This CPU cannot be supported. System will shutdown in 20 seconds".
I've asked you for a photo cause you didn't gave the exact error string. But I've found it myself.

I've found interesting code in RUN_CSEG module:
Code:
7B05      cmp     al, cs:[si+4]
7B09      jz      7B12h    
7B0B      ....
...
7B10      jmps    7AD6h
7B12      popad
7B14      call    sub_7B18       ; printing the error string & halt

One byte patch is needed:
Code:
7B09      jz      7B0Bh
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)