Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6411
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14044
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 144
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424563
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3657
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 345
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224844
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119208
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 300
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6818
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 440
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309829
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62004
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 657
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20318
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169440
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6391
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 864

DELL Inspiron 518 & Xeon 5400 Series
#1
Hi guys. I'm at the end of my rope here trying to insert xeon microcodes in the Dell Inspiron 518's bios.

Ok to cap this off; I have installed the X5450 in the Inspiron 518, and the system boots and runs fine. The problem I am running into is the lack of SSE4.1, Compare Exchange128, and VT-X instructions.

To regain these instructions, I need to slip the Microcode into the bios and flash. I can not get the Dell.exe bios to give up the rom file. Which leads me to the bios guru's here. I have seen some amazing work from you guys so if you guys can't bag this one, I feel that this project will be going to the pooper lol.

Tonight when I get home from work I will put in more details that are required to work on the bios but for now here is some of the info that you guys require.

-bios link: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=R215480

-whats happens: The system lacks additional instructions common to lga 771 to 775 modification. Desperately need compare exchange128 for windows 10 upgrade

-screenshot from aida64>motherboard>cpuid
Working on providing screenshot from cpuz; Motherboard DG33M04; Cpu- X5450 - SLBBE - EO Stepping
-CPU spec code

As I said, tonight I will put in more info as you guys require.

Thanks guys.

**Edit**

Uploaded Pics from Aida64 for Motherboard & Bios.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#2
What's your operating system now?
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0.
find
quote
#3
(03-23-2016, 11:31 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: What's your operating system now?
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0.

Here we go. Took me a moment to get this stuff. I work late night and when I came home the kids where being terrible lol.

Attached are some of the pics I said I would get to you guys.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#4
I've made BIOS mod for Dell Inspiron 518.
Please check.
find
quote
#5
(03-24-2016, 02:42 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I've made BIOS mod for Dell Inspiron 518.
Please check.

Hey DeathBringer. Upon running Win Flash as admin I receive an error. "Command line parameter incorrect".

Did you want to take a look at that or should I try to flash this some other way?

Also I forgot to tell you that I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Last night you asked and I failed to get back to you on that.

Thanks man for the work. You are rocking out these forums Smile


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
Try to pass name of bios as parameter of WinFlash.
find
quote
#7
(03-24-2016, 12:26 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to pass name of bios as parameter of WinFlash.

I'm not sure how to do that?
find
quote
#8
1. Unpack all files to c:\bios
2. Run cmd with admin rights.
3. Do in command line:
cd c:\bios
WinFlash 7C1D1P29.BIN
find
quote
#9
Confirmed working. You rock man!!!!!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#10
Great news! Add [Solved] to header of this topic.
And please post new topic in Confirmed CPU Support Upgrades with attached BIOS mod.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)