Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 461
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104603
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 981
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8482
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8165
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425539
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227488
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119637
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310566
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62221

Dell Inspiron 15" 7537 (A13 BIOS)
#11
Got my CH341A and some test clips. Writing works successfully.

Anyway... I modded the BIN file myself. Shoot! Now I can't upgrade or downgrade the Dell original BIOSes again! (I have a backup though, but I don't feel like going back to it now) At least it knows that it's a modded BIOS so you won't upgrade on your own by accident.

And at least my OS is working fine too... thank goodness. I have to use it for work tomorrow!

Result... nothing D:, not even one measly hidden menu.
I tried to remove all Dell information and unlock other tabs but that made the security check get all mad at me while upgrading.
NO WONDER this is called SecureCore! Angry

@BDMaster I will need some help on modding the BIN file soon... here's my link with all the BIOS work I'm doing in it so far.

Motherboard pics are linked for your reference. The chip is indeed a MXIC one, and in the software it detected it as a MX25L6405D. The chip and everything were in the right order.

The original BIN file I have is in CH341A SPI\CH341a\BIOS Files\original_v2.bin . I would like to be able to overclock (FalseClock method?), advanced diagnostic menus, RAID menus and the Intel ME menu, if possible. There is a suppress if... with 45 and 65 as the beginning hex codes on my chip. I tried 45 and it wouldn't work.


I tried to extract as much of the menus as possible with the Universal IFR Extractor and mod with the L15z tutorial. I also used the AndyP tool.

As soon as you send me the file, I'll disassemble the PC again and SPI flash the new BIOS.

Thank you for your kind help as always,
Exec360
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)