Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 781
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107939
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3536
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9207
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8758
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14350
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425622
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227518
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119702
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 618
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310575
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

Dell Inspiron 530 / 530s v1.0.2 Experimental Unlocking & Upgrading Project
Just got done installing the X5470 on the Vostro 400 DG33M03(with the modded 1.0.16 bios from post #63 of the Vostro 200 thread). It works!!! Big Grin

However...though I've finally finished my first quad-core build...it has no internet connection...lame. Undecided


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
(02-14-2015, 12:46 PM)Mr. Genius Wrote: Just got done installing the X5470 on the Vostro 400 DG33M03(with the modded 1.0.16 bios from post #63 of the Vostro 200 thread). It works!!! Big Grin

However...though I've finally finished my first quad-core build...it has no internet connection...lame. Undecided

If you give me original BIOS in BIN or ROM file - I could MOD the part that is responsible for QUAD CORE CPUs, 
in this case LAN will be OK , but no AHCI function - only IDE mode

I used AHCI implementation that was made by the author of this thread and upgrade it with QUAD CORE and Xeon support. I can not redo the AHCI implementation.
find
quote
(02-14-2015, 01:09 PM)Eugene74 Wrote: If you give me original BIOS in BIN or ROM file - I could MOD the part that is responsible for QUAD CORE CPUs, 
in this case LAN will be OK , but no AHCI function - only IDE mode

I used AHCI implementation that was made by the author of this thread and upgrade it with QUAD CORE and Xeon support. I can not redo the AHCI implementation.

I wasn't able to get it(LAN) to work with my E8600 and the original BIOS(1.0.15) either. And when I try to update the network adapter driver with the driver from Dell it says it's not for my system(maybe it's not for 64Bit?). And the official Intel drivers, from their website, won't overwrite the default OS drivers. I tried 50 times, no go. It says the drivers are the same as the drivers already installed.

But, that might work. Who knows? It's worth a try I guess. Now I only need to figure out how to extract the BIN or ROM file for you. Shouldn't be too hard to do right?

Oh...BTW I forgot to mention the other bad news...something seems to be preventing the clock multiplier from exceeding 6.5. So it appears to be stuck @ 2.165GHz MAX. CPU-Z says "Multiplier 6x(6-6.5)", and it won't go any higher. Even though the BIOS says it's running at 3.33GHz. Can you fix that in the BIOS too?
find
quote
Mr. Genius


Just disable Intel EIST and then put manually the multilayer in the BIOS. This variable is handled by the BIOS but is stored in CMOS only, not in the BIOS itself ... or just CLEAR CMOS  and NVRAM and after that load PERFORMANCE DEFAULTS. 

The program to backup BIOS in BIN mode is : Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 - in this site there is a download link somewhere or ... gOOgle for it.
It runs ONLY in ADMIN mode.

About LAN - may be just disable integrated and use PCI-LAN Card will be much cheap and easy.
find
quote
(02-14-2015, 06:34 PM)Eugene74 Wrote: Mr. Genius


Just disable Intel EIST and then put manually the multilayer in the BIOS. This variable is handled by the BIOS but is stored in CMOS only, not in the BIOS itself ... or just CLEAR CMOS  and NVRAM and after that load PERFORMANCE DEFAULTS. 

The program to backup BIOS in BIN mode is : Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 - in this site there is a download link somewhere or ... gOOgle for it.
It runs ONLY in ADMIN mode.

About LAN - may be just disable integrated and use PCI-LAN Card will be much cheap and easy.
Thanks! I'll try that LAN suggestion. I already have a spare Gigabit PCI network adapter card, so I won't need to buy another one of those. Hopefully that will get me online at least... Confused
But I'm not finding IEST, or how to set the multi manually, in the BIOS. Is there something I'm missing? Huh

EDIT: Maybe clearing the CMOS will work... Wink

The link to the Dell BIOS .EXE is : http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=R190515&fileId=2731120265&osCode=WW1&productCode=vostro-400&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI

If you wanted to do the hard part for me... Tongue
find
quote
Tried the PCI LAN card = no go

Cleared the CMOS = CPU multiplier issue fixed

Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit + won't extract the BIOS from the .EXE + I can't make the .EXE flash because it's for an earlier BIOS version + no I didn't save my original BIOS first = No BIN or ROM file...yet

What's next?

New mobo?

Or does it involve using that so-called "virtual machine" jazz to emulate the BIOS extraction process...which I know nothing about...yet? Huh


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
(02-15-2015, 01:46 AM)Mr. Genius Wrote: Tried the PCI LAN card = no go

Cleared the CMOS = CPU multiplier issue fixed

Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit + won't extract the BIOS from the .EXE + I can't make the .EXE flash because it's for an earlier BIOS version + no I didn't save my original BIOS first = No BIN or ROM file...yet

What's next?

New mobo?

Or does it involve using that so-called "virtual machine" jazz to emulate the BIOS extraction process...which I know nothing about...yet? Huh

Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit - extracts the BIOS from MoBo , not from file.
To make it, you need to re-flash with original BIOS and test LAN and after that to use Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit to get the working BIOS from MoBo - complicated process because you will have to use Core2 Duo CPU. 

If the issue is only LAN , but AHCI and CPU works fine - I will recommend using PCI-LAN and let it as is.
find
quote
O.k., I could probably figure out how to do the BIOS part. But it's a moot point. I already decided to cut my losses and sell the X5470. Sold it yesterday on ebay for a $10 loss. So I couldn't really care less about the motherboard at the moment. I've got 2 other G33M02 mobos that work fine(and do EXACTLY the same thing, exc. run quads). It was a $35 gamble, and I lost. Whatever. I've already bought parts for my i5(2nd gen) quad-core DDR3 build. Which is going to make everything I've got, or could EVER do with the X5470, totally obsolete.
find
quote
New member here. Can someone please help me with flashing my Inspiron 530? Specifically, I have a DG33M03 motherboard (Bios 10.0.18 with Q6600) and would like to install a X5470 and later update to a Samsung 850 SSD. I have created a USB DOS boot flash drive from instructions here on the site. The flash drive (correctly) shows the 3 hidden DOS files. Can someone please help me with exactly which files to load on the drive (all files in the dropdown box from Post#74, only Xeon, or Xeon files plus Xeo.bat??) and the procedure to flash as I have never attempted this? I'd appreciate your help.
find
quote
(03-03-2015, 04:32 PM)pbrotea Wrote: New member here. Can someone please help me with flashing my Inspiron 530? Specifically, I have a DG33M03 motherboard (Bios 10.0.18 with Q6600) and would like to install a X5470 and later update to a Samsung 850 SSD. I have created a USB DOS boot flash drive from instructions here on the site. The flash drive (correctly) shows the 3 hidden DOS files. Can someone please help me with exactly which files to load on the drive (all files in the dropdown box from Post#74, only Xeon, or Xeon files plus Xeo.bat??) and the procedure to flash as I have never attempted this? I'd appreciate your help.

Welcome pbrotea,



The BIOS from
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-D...5#pid78555

is for G33M03 mobo. 
On DG33M03 you might experience some problems with LAN & Sound if you choose to use it.
Also X5470 is with much higher TDP, on G33M03 mobo only E5450 works stable. I do not know what is the maximum TDP for DG33M03.


The flashing is done under WINDOWS as ADMINISTRATOR. ( you do not need DOS bootable device )
BACKUP you original BIOS for DG33M03 
Just unpack all files in one directory and run Xeon.bat as ADMIN.


Regards,
Eugene
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)