Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424257
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224010
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 364
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 579
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20232
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169182
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6284
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61134

Dell Inspiron 5680 BIOS Unlock iGPU with dGPU installed.
#1
Dell, in their infinite wisdom, disables the Intel iGPU if you have a dGPU installed. This limits the ability to do things like KVM GPU passthrough. I have never done BIOs modification, so I was hoping someone would be able to help. I have dumped the BIOs update from the Dell site (I am currently on) and I will attach here. I really appreciate the help!

BIOS in HDR and ROM format: https://gofile.io/?c=PAKmE7
find
quote
#2
Not bumping, just adding clarification. When I say disable the iGPU, I mean that it is not even visible to any OS. I can see the sound device, but the iGPU gets disabled from the system completely.

Edit: Other Dell Bioses have an onboard device setting that is able to enable the iGPU with a dGPU installed.
find
quote
#3
After install new graphic card ,main video output is this card ,so integrated vga be disable is normal.(Desktop doesn't like laptop platform can be auto switch vga between integrated card and graphic card ,such as when we playing game is high loading so it switch to graphic card )
If you want use kvm control  ,you should connect graphic card output to kvm switch , is it??

I can help you out to try unlocked some bios options if it exist ,but the bios dump that you attach is useless ,i need real bios dump.

Use this tool to dump current bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator)
I'll check it if it's possible to unlocked options.

find
quote
#4
(01-04-2020, 10:31 AM)genius239 Wrote: After install new graphic card ,main video output is this card ,so integrated vga be disable is normal.(Desktop doesn't like laptop platform can be auto switch vga between integrated card and graphic card ,such as when we playing game is high loading so it switch to graphic card )
If you want use kvm control  ,you should connect graphic card output to kvm switch , is it??

I can help you out to try unlocked some bios options if it exist ,but the bios dump that you attach is useless ,i need real bios dump.

Use this tool to dump current bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator)
I'll check it if it's possible to unlocked options.


Thank you for the reply! I will dump the bios. When I am talking about KVM, I am talking about virtualization. What I am attempting to do is disable the dGPU during the boot process in order to pass it through to a VM. In other systems, when I disable the dGPU during boot, I am able to use the iGPU for the system and then the dGPU in the VM. Anyways, off to dumping the bios thanks again.
find
quote
#5
(01-04-2020, 10:31 AM)genius239 Wrote: After install new graphic card ,main video output is this card ,so integrated vga be disable is normal.(Desktop doesn't like laptop platform can be auto switch vga between integrated card and graphic card ,such as when we playing game is high loading so it switch to graphic card )
If you want use kvm control  ,you should connect graphic card output to kvm switch , is it??

I can help you out to try unlocked some bios options if it exist ,but the bios dump that you attach is useless ,i need real bios dump.

Use this tool to dump current bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator)
I'll check it if it's possible to unlocked options.

As requested


Attached Files
.zip   dump.zip (Size: 4.19 MB / Downloads: 17)
find
quote
#6
I'll take a shower and going to sleeping.
I'll reply result for you tomorrow.

find
quote
#7
(01-04-2020, 12:29 PM)genius239 Wrote: I'll take a shower and going to sleeping.
I'll reply result for you tomorrow.


Thanks for all your help!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
find
quote
#8
Hi~
Try this modded and reply me.
http://katfile.com/279sd2tm4a24/5680_1.rar.html

find
quote
#9
(01-04-2020, 07:55 PM)genius239 Wrote: Hi~
Try this modded and reply me.
http://katfile.com/279sd2tm4a24/5680_1.rar.html


I am getting an error with grub[Image: 15491fe352f762d81bc3917ce043907e.jpg]
find
quote
#10
Which results in this error from fpt


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)