Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6519
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308213
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61539
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 301
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19940
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168414
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5968
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 515
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5468
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60717
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274664
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 644
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693581
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173987
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 922
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 510
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59528
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43058

Dell N7110 A13 bios unlock request
#1
http://bayfiles.net/file/1jUPr/MQV2Wy/N7110A13.exe (click on the "Premium Download" link. The "Download" link leads to spam)

Thank you in advance to any and all who help.

I have a Dell Inspiron N7110 with the A13 version bios (link above and attached below).

I just bought an SSD and would like to enable secure boot. The options for UEFI or GPT partitioning are not available in my current bios config, but from what I understand my computer is perfectly capable of these functions - it's just that Dell has chosen to lock these features for some reason.

I searched the forums and found the same request from like three years ago, but at that point no one had been able to unlock it. I'm hoping that has changed.

I've spent the last week trying to teach myself how to do it using things like Phoenixtool, but I've been totally unsuccessful. The bright side is, I never bricked my MB, so that's a good thing.

Maybe this the request has already been filled, and I'll keep searching to that end, but if not I really hope someone can help me out by unlocking this bios so that I can access the UEFI/GPT partitioning functions, or at least point me in a direction that might allow me to do it for myself.

Once again, thank you everyone in advance for your help.


Attached Files
.zip   N7110A13.zip (Size: 3.58 MB / Downloads: 8)
find
quote
#2
Also, Im not sure if this is needed, but here is my RW-E report....


Attached Files
.zip   AcpiTbls.zip (Size: 87.38 KB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#3
Hello alexkharden,

This is a Phoenix UEFI BIOS. I am not currently capable of modding UEFI. Sorry.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#4
(08-31-2014, 02:06 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello alexkharden,

This is a Phoenix UEFI BIOS. I am not currently capable of modding UEFI. Sorry.

Thank you for replying, Sml6397. If I could ask, is there anyone who can mod UEFI? Or is doing this a lot bigger of a deal that I realize? Thanks again!
find
quote
#5
Hello alexkharden,

BDMaster is an expert in Insyde EFI/UEFI modding, but I do not think that he can mod Phoenix UEFI.

Due to the increasingly large number of Phoenix UEFI requests that bios-mods has been getting lately, I am going to try to learn Phoenix UEFI sometime in the future.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#6
(08-31-2014, 12:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello alexkharden,

BDMaster is an expert in Insyde EFI/UEFI modding, but I do not think that he can mod Phoenix UEFI.

Due to the increasingly large number of Phoenix UEFI requests that bios-mods has been getting lately, I am going to try to learn Phoenix UEFI sometime in the future.

Well, that's depressing. Thank you for replying so quickly. Just to let you know, when you start experimenting with it, I'd be willing to be a tester for you. I'm very upset that Dell decided to lock these functions. It would be different if the functions weren't even available on that BIOS, but that they're locked is very frustrating.

I wonder, is it possible to replace the actual BIOS chip itself with one that is more user friendly?
find
quote
#7
Hello

' Wrote:I wonder, is it possible to replace the actual BIOS chip itself with one that is more user friendly?

That would be a solid no.

Thank you for the offer to be a tester! I would need to know if your computer supports CRISIS BIOS recovery first. It may also be some time before I start releasing mods. I will look into UEFI though since you are interested.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#8
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-B...-UEFI-BOOT
find
quote
#9
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-B...-UEFI-BOOT
find
quote
#10
(03-12-2015, 12:31 PM)ataigun Wrote: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-B...-UEFI-BOOT

Just wanted to let you know that I received your reply. I downloaded and installed your mod and it works brilliantly, exactly what I was wanting!

Thank you! Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)