Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424188
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223879
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309539
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274959

Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to Core 2 Duo & Pentium (Conroe)
#21
Hey all. I need to buy a computer for my brother but I don’t have much knowledge about good computer manufacturers. So I am seeking some help. Please suggest a good brand to me as I am confused with so many options these days.
find
quote
#22
Is it possible to add c2d processor support to the bios?
find
quote
#23
Teurastaja
No, this motherboard is hardware incompatible with Conroe core.
find
quote
#24
(01-08-2016, 05:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Teurastaja
No, this motherboard is hardware incompatible with Conroe core.

Yes, but there are 800mhz fsb processors in c2d class, they would work ?
find
quote
#25
No, any c2d don't work on this motherboard.
find
quote
#26
Like this : http://ark.intel.com/products/32242/Inte...00-MHz-FSB
why it wouldn't work?
It has 800mhz fsb, so adding microcode to suppourt these will work ?
find
quote
#27
Cause c2d needs VRM 11.
find
quote
#28
I wonder whether it is possible to get this Xeon support to the GX620s. It would be awesome to give the GX620 a second life with a somehow fast CPU Smile
find
quote
#29
RickB
It's impossible and it's offtopic.
It doesn't support Conroe core and newer.
find
quote
#30
I've recycled an old Dell Gx620, running a Pentium D945 and since I have many spare CPU in my house I'm looking for someone able to edit the A11 bios with the correct microcode. The most compatible CPU I have for the i945 chipset should be the E2180 (CPUID 06FDH - 2Ghz / 800FSB), and is a pentium dual, not a C2D. 
Is just an experiment, is not a machine I use normally, but I'm really curious to see if I can do this mod.
I have extracted the latest Phoenix based bios (A11) to obtain the .hdr and the .rom and I have created the microcode .bin file from the latest intel .dat but I didn't find a tool to add the microcode to the bios. 

I've prepared a .rar file with the bios & microcode .

Someone could gently have a look on it? 
Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)