Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224196
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169215
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to Core 2 Duo & Pentium (Conroe)
#41
I know this mod. But it requires compatible BIOS. Only adding microcode will not help.
find
quote
#42
(12-17-2018, 10:20 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I know this mod. But it requires compatible BIOS. Only adding microcode will not help.

So what is more required to get this to work? 

It seems like from reading http://www.xtremesystems.org/ forum about this mod , you only have to add the microcode and processor support to the bios , because someone said this on that forum : 
" Now comes the BIOS.
Without CPU Microcode in the BIOS the motherboard will not POST, if it does post it will not detect the CPU correctly.
The motherboard will Need a CPU Microcode update." 


What I know its possible to add processors  to a version of the Dell optiplex gx620 because of a old forum post on here.  someone tried adding conroe support by using adding the microcode and CPUID of the cpu to the bios along time ago probably without knowing about it only using VRM 10.1 . What I know is the gx520 is similar to the gx620.

this is the old forum post : https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...-microcode
find
quote
#43
(12-17-2018, 10:56 AM)michaelweaser Wrote: It seems like from reading http://www.xtremesystems.org/ forum about this mod , you only have to add the microcode and processor support to the bios , because someone said this on that forum : 
" Now comes the BIOS.
Without CPU Microcode in the BIOS the motherboard will not POST, if it does post it will not detect the CPU correctly.
The motherboard will Need a CPU Microcode update." 
This is a common misconception.
find
quote
#44
(12-17-2018, 11:01 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: This is a common misconception.

Can you explain on what would be required of the the dell Optiplex gx620 BIOS for this mod to work?  

Can you also explain how some people with certain motherboards with VRM 10.1 get this to work successfully with just the mod and adding microcode / cpuid .
find
quote
#45
BIOS must have procedures for initialization of CPU series.
If BIOS has suitable initialization code for Conroe series but hasn't microcode for some CPUID then adding microcode will help.
But subject's BIOS hasn't support for Conroe.
find
quote
#46
(12-17-2018, 12:39 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: BIOS must have procedures for initialization of CPU series.
If BIOS has suitable initialization code for Conroe series but hasn't microcode for some CPUID then adding microcode will help.
But subject's BIOS hasn't support for Conroe.

Is there anyway to mod the optiplex gx620 bios to support initialization of conroe processors? 

I am thinking somehow using  bios code from the dell optiplex that came right after the optiplex gx620 . which is the dell optiplex 320. combining parts of that bios into the gx620 bios. I am also thinking is there a bios port of Seabios which is a open source bios for the gx620, since that could work as well. than if the optiplex 320 won't work maybe if dell has another tower that uses the same chipset and supports conroe processors it might just work.
find
quote
#47
(12-17-2018, 01:07 PM)michaelweaser Wrote: Is there anyway to mod the optiplex gx620 bios to support initialization of conroe processors? 
It's too hard and too expensive work. Better buy other motherboard. Read this - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-D...#pid112378

(12-17-2018, 01:07 PM)michaelweaser Wrote: I am thinking somehow using  bios code from the dell optiplex that came right after the optiplex gx620 . which is the dell optiplex 320.
They are have different chipsets.
find
quote
#48
I have been researching on the internet for supported cpu's for GX620 although on this website it said you can still boot with unsupported cpu's by pressing f1 to continue.
I would like know if the Intel Core 2 duo E4500 is supported by the A11 bios I'm pretty sure microcode can make it work if its not because the Intel 945 chip set supports this processor although i don't know anything about bios modding. I would also like to know if someone could also unlock the bios and make overclocking available in the bios I doubt anyone could do the second part because its a dell bios[Image: confused.gif]
Thanks for your help in advance...

The Dell Bios that I want modded: https://downloads.dell.com/bios/A11GX620.EXE
find
quote
#49
Hi everyone, I am a new member. I reactivated an old GX520 with pentium 4 3Ghz CPU and 3.50 Gb of RAM works very well except for the fact that Full HD videos sometimes get blocked and the CPU reaches 100X100 and so I would like to upgrade to a CPU with dual core. I read all the threed related to the topic. I updated the bios from A06 to A11 I tried to insert E2160-E2200-E5400 but the PC turns on with a fixed fan without doing anything and a dark screen. I definitely need a CPU upgrade. At this point if I can I would like to put E5400 the best performing cpu I own, whose microcode is 0xA07. I kindly ask you if you can do this for me or specify step by step in numerical order the things to do to extract the rom from the bios and insert the microcode and with which programs to do these operations since I am a programming beginner. Sorry if the English is not perfect but I'm using the Google translation ... Thanks again.
find
quote
#50
Try to install Pentium D.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)