Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424182
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3562
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223862
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119106
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309537
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20225
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169164
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6269
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61121
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274957

Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to Core 2 Duo & Pentium (Conroe)
#1
hi i need a bios mod for a dell optiplex gx620 so it will support core 2 duo cpus.

thanks
find
quote
#2
Sorry but we currently cant mod dell bioses , with the exception of the inspiron 530 / vostro 400 which uses award , all other dells have a special Dell bios Sad

We're still looking into it and making small progress but nowhere near CPU Microcode related mods for Dells yet! Sad

Sorry
Admin
find
quote
#3
Hello everyone,

I've been reading a lot online about the chipset of my GX620 being technically able to support Core 2 Duos, but it is not allowed by Dell. However besides the Processor restriction (and some issues with memory mapping) I love my machine. Also cash is tight right now and I can't afford to buy another one that can outbeat what I've done to it so far. So any support with getting the bios to take a Core 2 Duo or better would be great! In addition to anyone who is snooping around in the bios file, if the memory mapping feature could be turned completely OFF! it would be much appreciated, possibly even more than the C2D support. The trick is however, my machine I believe is glitched, and is able to recognize, and boot into into windows 7 with, 8GB of ram instead of 4GB. I'm assuming this has to do with the fact that the board can recognize 2 GB sticks in each slot. So keeping this "glitch" in the modded bios is very important. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this. I'm even willing to mod them myself if anyone can guild me through the process! Big Grin

Here is the link: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=RC978219&l=en&s=slg&catid=&impid=&os=WW1&osl=en&SystemID=PLX_GX620

If any other information on my machine is needed, please let me know.

P.S. : I currently have a Pentium D 840 Extreme Edition sitting in my house, so support for that would be very appreciated as well so I could use it until I get a Core 2 Duo for it.

Thanks again!
find
quote
#4
I have same computer too, and i want to use better processors like core2 ones.
find
quote
#5
Here is rom file extracted from EXE
http://www.2shared.com/file/H_b9P4jk/DEL..._BIOS.html
find
quote
#6
Thanks for the rom. I'm having problems opening it though. What software should I use?

find
quote
#7
I think that only way to mod dell bios is HEX editor
find
quote
#8
(08-21-2011, 09:03 AM)Teurastaja Wrote: I think that only way to mod dell bios is HEX editor

If that's the case then I'm not even going to attempt this lol. I'd have no idea where to start or what to look for to do what I'm trying to do. Thanks anyway though Smile
find
quote
#9
Is someone able to do this ?
find
quote
#10
Bump. It would be awesome if this could happen!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)