Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424129
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223728
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6736
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309494
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169138
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6260
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274946

Dell Optiplex 3010: Xeon support
#21
Look at this OptiPlex 3010 & E3-1240 v2 - http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12016337
find
quote
#22
Does that mean it also supports the Xeon E3-1270 V2? Would it require ECC ram or will non ECC stuff do the job? Thanks
find
quote
#23
Check compatibility with Xeon E3-1270 v2 by yourself. I think it will run.
I think that you can use usual (non-ECC) and ECC unbuffered memory with Xeon. But you can't use ECC registered memory.
find
quote
#24
How would I check compatibility short of trying the Xeon in the system? I was wanting to know if I was to order one would it work or would I be wasting money. Is there some way of checking what code is in the bios? Thanks
find
quote
#25
Code of BIOS looks like if it has necessary support.
find
quote
#26
Can I flash bios from Optiplex 3010 to Optiplex 390?
Both mobos are the same but 390 supports only 2nd gen Sandy Brigde.
3010 supports 2nd and 3rd gen i3, i5, i7.
I have the both mobos but I can't extract rom file from 3010 bios chip to flash 390 Sad
These mobos are the same model DIH61R / Palm Beach_SFF 10106-1 48.3EQ02.11
https://i.imgur.com/p47kX97.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2QjOc00.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fn4wxNg.jpg
find
quote
#27
Xeons work fine with unbuffered non-ECC RAM. I used to run an E5 1650 v2 at 4.6Ghz with 32GB of regular RAM.

The 1270 v2 is way overpriced for its power, get an E3 1240 or similar.
find
quote
#28
Thanks Horserider. I found an E3 1270 v2 for only €5 more than an E3 1240 V2. I think the increased base and turbo clocks should be worth the price of a Starbucks ?
I also ordered 2x8gb 1600mhz ddr3 modules. It's not officially supported by Dell but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence online to suggest that it will work fine.
find
quote
#29
(10-14-2019, 05:44 AM)finkthefunkyfish Wrote: Thanks Horserider. I found an E3 1270 v2 for only €5 more than an E3 1240 V2. I think the increased base and turbo clocks should be worth the price of a Starbucks ?
I also ordered 2x8gb 1600mhz ddr3 modules. It's not officially supported by Dell but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence online to suggest that it will work fine.

the 1240 v2 is basically the 3770 minus 100mhz. If you got the E3 1270 v2 for less than the price of a 3770 you're fine, but if not then you got ripped off
find
quote
#30
Got it for about €20 less than a 3770 and about €50 less than a 3770k. Just waiting for it to arrive in the post now.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)