Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 12:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 54
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317101
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2521
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40964
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55310
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6567
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 94
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52214
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167167
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

Dell Optiplex 755 SFF Hidden Raid Option Rom
There are 4 models of Dell Optiplex 755.  Mini-Tower (MT), Desktop (DT), Small Form Factor (SFF), and Ultra-Small Form Factor (USFF).
All four models use the same Phoenix Bios (A22):   http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/1...erId=2DWTY

Dell has crippled Raid options in the latter two models (because they only came OEM with one hard drive).  The chipset certainly supports raid (ICH9DO).  There are a total of 3 Sata connections available on the SFF motherboard.   I believe Dell has hidden or white-listed the Raid Option Rom for the SFF and USFF motherboard models.  Again, all four models use the exact same bios.

Intel® Matrix Storage Manager RAID Option ROM

The Intel Matrix Storage Manager RAID Option ROM is a standard PnP Option ROM that is easily integrated into any System BIOS. When in place, it provides the following three primary functions:

• Provides a text mode user interface that allows the user to manage the RAID configuration on the system in a pre-operating system environment. Its feature set is kept simple to keep size to a minimum, but allows the user to create & delete RAID volumes and select recoveryoptions when problems occur.

• Provides boot support when using a RAID volume as a boot disk. It does this by providing Int13 services when a RAID volume needs to be accessed by DOS applications (such as NTLDR) and by exporting the RAID volumes to the System BIOS for selection in the boot order.

• At each boot up, provides the user with a status of the RAID volumes and the option to enter the user interface by pressing CTRL-I

----------------------------

The MT motherboard is: TY565; the DT is: 0DR845; the SFF is: PU052; The USFF is: R092H

Alot of people still use these old computers.  I'm looking for some help modifying the bios so I can see raid 0 options in the SFF.  I believe the raid option rom is present (they all use the same bios), but Dell has hidden it for the SFF and USFF motherboards.

I'd really appreciate any help, comments or concerns-  Best, JohnBen
find
Also interested in this.. subscribed.
find
(05-28-2016, 04:35 PM)PTCruiserGT Wrote: Also interested in this.. subscribed.

Hi PTCruiserGT- Which form factor do you have?  I've been reading quite abit about the work being done by Fernando at the Win Raid site.  They've been able to make bios mods that allow trim to pass through raid 0 on older chipsets.  Perhaps if we can get some help modifying our Optiplex 755 bios, they can alter the rom module to allow trim to pass through as well.  Apparently the Phoenix bios is very hard to open, but there are experts on this site who can do it!  This exercise seems pointless unless we can also get trim working in our raid 0 arrays.  What are your thoughts?
find
Hello PTCruiserGT & JohnBen,

I would like to help you solve this issue, but many Dell BIOSes are known to be difficult to properly extract in a form in which they can be properly modified. Unfortunately, this BIOS image is one of those. I will have to look into how to extract this BIOS image in a way that it is moddable. I will let you know if/when I make progress. I have an AP Calculus final this week, so this may take some time. Thank you for your patience.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(05-31-2016, 11:22 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello PTCruiserGT & JohnBen,

I would like to help you solve this issue, but many Dell BIOSes are known to be difficult to properly extract in a form in which they can be properly modified. Unfortunately, this BIOS image is one of those. I will have to look into how to extract this BIOS image in a way that it is moddable. I will let you know if/when I make progress. I have an AP Calculus final this week, so this may take some time. Thank you for your patience.

~Steven

Thanks so much, Steven-  Good luck with your final!   I've been reading about what a pain it is to modify the Dell Phoenix bios, so you'll be my hero if you can do it.  Thanks again...please keep me updated when you can find the time, and more than a few drinks will be on me!   Best, JohnBen
find
(06-01-2016, 02:31 PM)JohnBen Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 11:22 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello PTCruiserGT & JohnBen,

~Steven

Thanks so much, Steven-  Good luck with your final!   I've been reading about what a pain it is to modify the Dell Phoenix bios, so you'll be my hero if you can do it.  Thanks again...please keep me updated when you can find the time, and more than a few drinks will be on me!   Best, JohnBen
find
Hi Steven- How are things going? Just wanted to check in with you to see if you've had a moment to look at this Optiplex 755 bios, or if I can answer any other questions for you. Appreciate your help with this! Best, John
find
Hi Steven. I appreciate your offer to help. Could you give me an update on how things are going. Thanks so much- JohnBen
find
I know this is an old thread, but I too was searching about the RAID option on a Dell 755 SFF.
I can confirm that it's crippled in BIOS options, probably by design in the bios when it's flashing a SSF.

HOWEVER RAID 0 and RAID 1 WORKS!!!
I'm on A22 bios version.

I stumbled across this accidentally by plugging in a raided drive and to my surprise, the Intel Raid Manager was available when posting!!

I found this out by:
YOU MUST plug in a drive that are SETUP FOR RAID ALREADY to get the machine to boot with the RAID manager.
Set up a drive part of a raid setup from another machine, then move it over to the SSF.

-Since there are 3 SATA ports, to get 2 drives in raid, you must put your RAIDED drive in EXTERNAL SATA. Otherwise, you can't get the RAID manager to post. 
-Plug the 2 drives you want into SATA 0 and SATA 1. (It will not raid a eSATA drive for obvious reasons.)
-CTRL+I into RAID Manager, and voila. 

I'm currently installing Windows 10 on my 2x 128GB SSD raid setup on a Dell 755 SSF!

ALTERNATIVELY, if you have another raid capable machine, youcould setup 2 drives with raid from another machine, plug in the 2 drives and it'll boot magically.

Enjoy!!
find
Holy cow!   I can't wait to try this, and thank you so much for posting this-  This is the answer I've been looking for!  It's much appreciated!  I'll let you know how I make out!  Great job!  Best,  jb
find