Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424484
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224597
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61970
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Dell Precision 380 Slic 2.1 request.
#1
For the love of Pete...Angel
I have read that there is new way to add slic 2.1 to Pheonix and Insyde bios types. I even bought a bios chip from Ebay spcifically for the Dell Precision 380 with Slic 2.1 added (but my MoBo has the original soldered to it and not in the nifty foxcon connection) So Please Please Please... Someone smarter than I... can you please mod this bios or add the slic 2.1 tables to it?

Dell Precision 380 Bios rev A09

File Name : WS380A09.exe From the Dell website.


Attached Files
.rar   WS380A09.rar (Size: 435.06 KB / Downloads: 24)
find
quote
#2
Here you go , i used Dell 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was successfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20Pr...34s282.ZIP

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
Thank You SOOOOOO very Much! I cant tell you how long I have been trying to do this on my own,

Question. You have included 2 exe files in the zip
WS380A09.EXE & WS380A09_SLIC.EXE

Aside from the certificate inserttion, I am assuming I only need to run the one with _SLIC in the name to flash the bios.

Please confirm.

ALSO, Where is the link for donation?

find
quote
#4
That is correct Smile

The donation link is in the top corner or here: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/donate.php

Many Thanks Smile

Admin
find
quote
#5
Excuse my non-knowledge. I'm not clear on how to execute the 1st step

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

I've downloaded the files and see the DELL-DELL 2.0 - XML Digital License in the download which I placed in the C:/Dell on the drive.

Do I just paste that file in the C: Dir as-is? /anywhere in the C: Dir??

When I follow step 2, I get an Error Message in a Windows Script Host window...

"On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe0x2a0xBBA' to display the error text.
Error:0xBBA

I'm not sure if I'm following step 1 correctly. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

David

find
quote
#6
Hi,

I got the same error message on a Lenovo Y450.

Bios got already standard SLIC2.1
(Strange thing is that it gave me a Dell_V2.1_Cert file, but that beside)

Google gave me this information:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1589551

So far didn't find a solution for that message, hopefully someone in
here who can help?
find
quote
#7
Hi again,

I tried to install the certificate after a complete new install from windows7, build 7600.
that didn't work.
After restoring an updated backup, it did work.

(but got again a 30 day trail version message) :-(
find
quote
#8
Would anyone have a copy of WS380A09_SLIC.EXE

Many thanks for any help you can provide
find
quote
#9
I would like a copy of the SLIC 2.1 BIOS as well. Anyone have a copy?
find
quote
#10
Here You go :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cjnmld...9_SLIC.EXE

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)