Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 71
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424323
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224216
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119153
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309638
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169220
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61166

Dell Precision 690 A08 BIOS SLIC 2.1 request
#1
I did try to give this a go myself, but wasn't even able to get the BIOS file out of the Dell archive, which can be found here:

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/WS690A08.EXE

This is SLIC 2.0 already. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for this, the 690 is an awesome machine Smile

find
quote
#2
After a bit of further poking around, I think I figured it out...
Works for me at least, AIDA64 now shows my 690 as SLIC 2.1

Going to host it temporarily at http://87.244.64.45/WS690A08_SLIC_21.zip

If you want to put it on dropbox or a similar file hosting site then feel free to re-link it in another post.

Oh, and if you fancy showing your appreciation for my efforts, drop some bitcoins to: 1MaFmnQ2tsfVJTNTcup4vuYftbNjMP4JDz

find
quote
#3
(12-25-2010, 03:07 PM)Labby45 Wrote: After a bit of further poking around, I think I figured it out...
Works for me at least, AIDA64 now shows my 690 as SLIC 2.1

Going to host it temporarily at http://87.244.64.45/WS690A08_SLIC_21.zip

If you want to put it on dropbox or a similar file hosting site then feel free to re-link it in another post.

Oh, and if you fancy showing your appreciation for my efforts, drop some bitcoins to: 1MaFmnQ2tsfVJTNTcup4vuYftbNjMP4JDz

labby, your link doesn't work i can't download the file.

can you give a working link..
thanks in advance.Smile
find
quote
#4
Here you go , i used Dell 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was successfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20Pr...34s282.ZIP

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#5
Sad 
I have old faithful Dell Precision 690 w/1kV power suplay and dual quad Xeon cpu's
Currently it running Win Vista 64bit Dell OEM so it have SLIC 2.0
I have a Dell OS Windows 7 DVD OEM from Dell Precision T5400 WS
I will appreciated if some one can insert Dell 2.1 SLIC to this bios:

http://downloads.dell.com/bios/WS690A08.EXE

The link below is dead
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20Pr...34s282.ZIP

This PC have the latest motherboard for it: MY171
Would like to keep this box for a while.
Your help will be greatly appreciate. Paul.
find
quote
#6
(01-17-2012, 11:51 PM)soroka69 Wrote: I have old faithful Dell Precision 690 w/1kV power suplay and dual quad Xeon cpu's
Currently it running Win Vista 64bit Dell OEM so it have SLIC 2.0
I have a Dell OS Windows 7 DVD OEM from Dell Precision T5400 WS
I will appreciated if some one can insert Dell 2.1 SLIC to this bios:

http://downloads.dell.com/bios/WS690A08.EXE

The link below is dead
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20Pr...34s282.ZIP

This PC have the latest motherboard for it: MY171
Would like to keep this box for a while.
Your help will be greatly appreciate. Paul.

I still have this BIOS on my hard drive, but don't use DropBox. Open to suggestions on how I get it to you Smile
find
quote
#7
(01-18-2012, 04:58 AM)Labby45 Wrote:
(01-17-2012, 11:51 PM)soroka69 Wrote: I have old faithful Dell Precision 690 w/1kV power suplay and dual quad Xeon cpu's
Currently it running Win Vista 64bit Dell OEM so it have SLIC 2.0
I have a Dell OS Windows 7 DVD OEM from Dell Precision T5400 WS
I will appreciated if some one can insert Dell 2.1 SLIC to this bios:

http://downloads.dell.com/bios/WS690A08.EXE

The link below is dead
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20Pr...34s282.ZIP

This PC have the latest motherboard for it: MY171
Would like to keep this box for a while.
Your help will be greatly appreciate. Paul.

I still have this BIOS on my hard drive, but don't use DropBox. Open to suggestions on how I get it to you Smile
Hello. Thank you for a quick responce.
I need a BIOS for the 0my171 motherboard.
You can use a:
http://letitbit.net
http://turbobit.net
or http://depositfiles.com
they are the file repository servers (free!) if no one download from them file stey on them fore 30 dayes. .
And you can e-mail me the links to it.
Thank you. Paul.

find
quote
#8
Try this:

http://turbobit.net/4flk3a8uy6sl.html

find
quote
#9
(01-18-2012, 07:05 AM)Labby45 Wrote: Try this:

http://turbobit.net/4flk3a8uy6sl.html
Thank you!!!I got it from the server.
I want to re-confirm that it is for 0MY171 motherboard, because Dell Precision 690 did come up with different motherboards.
I dont want to brick the computer.Sad
I did not use it yet.
Waiting your respondce.
And thank you wery much.


find
quote
#10
Straining my brain to recall the part numbers of the machines this was used on, I think one was a DT029 but can't be sure if the other one was a MY171. Either way Dell only offers one BIOS file for the 690 so I'm assuming that this one covers all.

Sorry I can't give you more info - good luck!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)