Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223932
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

Dell T3400, Intel Option ROM
#1
Hello,

I have a Dell T3400 with ICH9R and latest BIOS A13. The Intel Option ROM is even in the latest BIOS 7.6.1.1001. Drives larger then 2 TB could not be used with this version. Is it possible to mod the Dell-Bios to integrate a later version of the Intel Option ROM? Which is the latest version which works with ICH9R?

Thanks

Stefan
find
quote
#2
I've got a similar situation. I've got four 4TB drives that I was going to use in RAID 10 but it won't support creating an array that large.

Any chance that someone could take the T3400 A13 BIOS (click here) BIOS and try to replace the current Intel OROM with the 10.8.0.1303 version found in the following T3500 BIOS: T3500 A14 BIOS (click here)

I know the T3400 uses ICH9R and the T3500 uses ICH10R but I'm hoping they're close enough to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
find
quote
#3
(05-07-2012, 04:00 AM)jmsandrsn Wrote: I've got a similar situation. I've got four 4TB drives that I was going to use in RAID 10 but it won't support creating an array that large.

Any chance that someone could take the T3400 A13 BIOS (click here) BIOS and try to replace the current Intel OROM with the 10.8.0.1303 version found in the following T3500 BIOS: T3500 A14 BIOS (click here)

I know the T3400 uses ICH9R and the T3500 uses ICH10R but I'm hoping they're close enough to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I ended up having limited success but most importantly I learned how to do the mod myself using the Phoenix SLIC Tool developed by AndyP over at mydigitallife forums. Great tool by the way (special thanks to AndyP if he ever reads this).

I was able to insert the 10.8.0.1303 Intel OROM into the T3400 A11 BIOS (A13 wouldn't work - kept on giving HDR checksum error). At first I thought it was going to work perfectly. I was able to get into into the RAID setup configuration and was even able to setup the array using the full size of the 4TB drives. However, I never could get the system to boot with 10.8.0.1303. I even tried using a small 80GB hard drive (with OS already installed) with it being the only hard drive installed and still no boot when system is set to "RAID ON" in the BIOS.

In the end, I was able to get it updated to 8.7.0.1007 from the original 7.6.1.1001. I tried 8.9.x.x and a few of the 9.x.x.x updates but they didn't even come as close to working as 10.8.0.130 did. I will try to attach the following updated BIOS if it will allow me: T3400 A11 with 8.7.0.1007 Intel OROM

Here is the updated BIOS. I have used it several times without any issues however please realize you are using at your own risk. So even though it won't help you in configuring large drives it might give you better support for SSD's. Also, please note that SLIC 2.1 was not added by me since Dell has included SLIC 2.1 in all T3400 BIOS's since A09.


Attached Files
.rar   T3400_v8.7.0.1007.rar (Size: 729.37 KB / Downloads: 56)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)