Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424438
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224473
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61962
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169301
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

Dell Vostro 1000 Whitelist Removal Request
#1
Hi All,

First post here so thought I would start by saying that I stumbled across your forum this morning and it's been an interesting and informative find - Thank you! Smile

I came across this forum because I have a Dell Vostro 1000 which is causing me agro. Until this morning, I was aware that HP had a BIOS white list, but not Dell! So you learn something new everyday, as the saying goes.

Anyway, the problem that I have is that my Broadcom card died and I have two perfectly good Intel ones here but they won't allow the system to boot. I realise that I could go and buy a Broadcom but I'm angry that I am being pushed in that direction. Angry

I was wondering if someone with more knowledge than I would be able to help me out here and mod the BIOS so I can use any wifi card?

A link to the current 2.6.3 (A06) BIOS is here: ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/WinVost263.EXE

I really appreciate any assistance.

EDIT: I did have a look at this thread, http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-De...l-2-1-SLIC, but I'm not sure if the BIOS also has the white list removed?
find
quote
#2
you're true there (was) a whitelist protection

Dell_Vostro_1000_WinVost263_SLIC21_no_whitelist.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ey5qa

find
quote
#3
(05-11-2011, 10:56 AM)TTAV134 Wrote: you're true there (was) a whitelist protection

Dell_Vostro_1000_WinVost263_SLIC21_no_whitelist.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ey5qa

Thank you. VERY much. Heart
Ahh, maybe I spoke too soon....

I am still getting the black screen when trying to boot with the Intel card, as if it is stuck at the POST...

Any ideas?
find
quote
#4
(05-11-2011, 12:10 PM)ellnic Wrote: Ahh, maybe I spoke too soon....

I am still getting the black screen when trying to boot with the Intel card, as if it is stuck at the POST...

Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue even with the revisted BIOS. The system will boot with a broadcom but not an Intel... I just get a black screen.

Please help someone. I only have the use of this broadcom for a couple more hours.
find
quote
#5
Making the reverse engineering of a new bios is not always easy, it seems i've not patch at the good place.
something usually very useful for me, is the PCI ID of a working card, that help for locating more precisely the position of the routines involved in whitelist protection.

VEN_14E4&DEVxxxx&SUBSYS_xxxxxxxx

can you complete the xxxx please.

find
quote
#6
(05-11-2011, 02:53 PM)TTAV134 Wrote: Making the reverse engineering of a new bios is not always easy, it seems i've not patch at the good place.
something usually very useful for me, is the PCI ID of a working card, that help for locating more precisely the position of the routines involved in whitelist protection.

VEN_14E4&DEVxxxx&SUBSYS_xxxxxxxx

can you complete the xxxx please.

Yes of course - here it is:

VEN_14E4&DEV4311&SUBSYS_00071028

This is from my other Vostro, but the Broadcom card is the same as the one that broke.
find
quote
#7
(05-12-2011, 08:47 AM)ellnic Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 02:53 PM)TTAV134 Wrote: Making the reverse engineering of a new bios is not always easy, it seems i've not patch at the good place.
something usually very useful for me, is the PCI ID of a working card, that help for locating more precisely the position of the routines involved in whitelist protection.

VEN_14E4&DEVxxxx&SUBSYS_xxxxxxxx

can you complete the xxxx please.

Yes of course - here it is:

VEN_14E4&DEV4311&SUBSYS_00071028

This is from my other Vostro, but the Broadcom card is the same as the one that broke.

can you confirm that this card works on both original and newly patched bios?

find
quote
#8
(05-12-2011, 09:19 AM)TTAV134 Wrote:
(05-12-2011, 08:47 AM)ellnic Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 02:53 PM)TTAV134 Wrote: Making the reverse engineering of a new bios is not always easy, it seems i've not patch at the good place.
something usually very useful for me, is the PCI ID of a working card, that help for locating more precisely the position of the routines involved in whitelist protection.

VEN_14E4&DEVxxxx&SUBSYS_xxxxxxxx

can you complete the xxxx please.

Yes of course - here it is:

VEN_14E4&DEV4311&SUBSYS_00071028

This is from my other Vostro, but the Broadcom card is the same as the one that broke.

can you confirm that this card works on both original and newly patched bios?

Yes, it does. Both Vostro's were on 2.6.2 so I updated them both.
find
quote
#9


replace the bios file by this one http://www.sendspace.com/file/gtuamp

let me know if it's different.

find
quote
#10
(05-12-2011, 10:18 AM)TTAV134 Wrote: replace the bios file by this one http://www.sendspace.com/file/gtuamp

let me know if it's different.

No change i'm afraid, still a black screen and no boot.

Is there any other info that I can get for you?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)