Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227767
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

Dell Vostro 3450 Advanced Options unlocking in progress
Yeah, I have .. thanks to @ashp for doing the mod... but on version A04, can incorporate it into A13 if you desire. The latest version is 2158.0
Regarding RF toggle issue - its common on all systems with this type of firmware, so Dell or Phoenix themselves has made a common mistake in some of the modules which results in memory leak/buffer overflow or just infinite loop when trying to handle the message from WMI. I will attempt to remove the If (WIFS) conditional from DSDT (as I'm running OSX its an easy job) to see if message 0xE008 to toggle RF is causing this freeze.
find
quote
Hey TimeWalker, thanks for your input. I'd also like to have the latest Intel VBIOS. Do you think it will have any benefits for Windows users?

Oh, and by the way, apart from the touchpad Fn+F3 issue and freezes in UEFI boot, Vostro 3450 is pretty much compatible with Windows 8, right?
find
quote
I'm on bus Wink will upload modified A04 and A13 when I'm back at some place warm lol. Even though A13 is pointless, nothing was fixed ... I get same issues with A13 as with A04, even though it supposedly fixes quickset..and looses the ability to boot USB drives while in crisis boot mode which I'm frequently relying on in my tests, especially vbios mods to be able to test on duet/refit.

Touchpad issue can be fixed by altering the driver install package, there's a conf file that is missing a handler for touchpad disable.. but its a mess nonetheless ..

To my knowledge rftoggle and touchpad disables are the only issues. Sometimes W8 messes up nvram completely upon clean install, but its fine if you reflash with cvar.
find
quote
Here are the mods as promised: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5h1lk1c0wb3z2...20mods.rar
Enclosed is a modified Intel's blank 2158 VBIOS with OEM settings preserved from Dell's stock 2098 VBIOS (found in A04).

Both BIOSes include the following changes:
1. CPU UCODE update to v28
2. Patched PM module for MSR register 0xE2 R/W
3. Updated VBIOS to 2158.0
4. Unlocked Menus /w DELLIOL string removed
5. ... ugh ?

Will attempt the WIFS trick now and report back.. but I highly doubt it will help anyhow, some of the modules must be producing memory-related flaw when Fn+F2 is pressed.
find
quote
Hey Guys, has anyone test the new bios mods? Because it'd update vbios, I'm not sure about that. I found 2 *.WPH 1 for A04 and 1 for A13, is it possible to use the A13? Thks
find
quote
I'm running A04 without any hiccups (apart from the usual [censored]-ups from Dell's side of things). The A13 should be absolutely safe to use, I have been using the modded one prior to reverting back to A04. I just patched in a new VBIOS as I figured one can potentially enjoy a higher BIOS version, but actually I'm starting to notice that newer is not always better ...

Here're few examples of my recent experiences with devices:
1. Updated an ASUS desktop board to a latest version - lost SHELL access, encountered hibernation bugs and some random BSODs are happening from now on.
2. Accepted firmware an up to date update on my mobile phone - GSM modem is unable to pick up the network signal now, manual operator selection won't work.
3. Updated my WDTV media box - lost ability to access shared folder on local network computers and NAS, but gained YouTube leanback ...???



Nope, no joy .. stripped the query down to:
Code:
Method (_Q8C, 0, NotSerialized) { P8XH (Zero, 0x8C) Store (0xF2, WCA1) FOWM (0x11, 0x0B) }

from it's original:
Code:
Method (_Q8C, 0, NotSerialized) { P8XH (Zero, 0x8C) Store (Zero, Local0) Store (Zero, Local1) Store (Zero, Local2) Store (Zero, Local3) Store (0xF2, WCA1) FOWM (0x11, 0x0B) Store (WFI1, Local0) Store (WFI2, Local1) Store (0x0100, Local2) Store (One, Local3) If (WIFS) { Store (0x06, ^^^^AMW0.INF0) Store (Zero, ^^^^AMW0.INF1) Store (0xE008, ^^^^AMW0.INF2) Store (Local0, ^^^^AMW0.INF3) Store (Local1, ^^^^AMW0.INF4) Store (Local2, ^^^^AMW0.INF5) Store (Local3, ^^^^AMW0.INF6) If (LEqual (DMFG, Zero)) { Notify (AMW0, 0xD0) } } }
Still freezes the very moment you hit Fn+F2. having Media keys reverted in BIOS is a pain if you accidentally decide to rename something and forget that you have keys reverted Big Grin
find
quote
Thanks TW, I will flash the modded BIOS and report back shortly. I am primarily interested because there is another switchable graphics bug with Aero in Windows 7 that happens when GPU switching is set to manual. It may have something to do with VBIOS because it happens on all driver versions I've tried. This problem doesn't appear in Windows 8 though, because they reworked the DWM (and removed Aero, lol).

How are you doing these DSDT modifications? Are you loading a modified DSDT table in OSX?

EDIT: [censored] I messed up my AMD driversSmile Gotta reinstall the stock driver now.
find
quote
Yes, offloading a table through a bootloader.
Just booted Ubuntu 12.10 without installing - GRUB2 (UEFI). Ironically enough pressing Fn+F2 doesn't hand the system.
Code:
[ -d /sys/firmware/efi ] && echo "EFI Boot" || echo "Legacy Boot"
The above returns EFI Boot .. so this is weird. I assume the fix comes from linux kernel. I have found this piece of code related to Dell laptops, but not sure how it might help. Dell System Vostro 3450 is among those supported models. http://pastebin.com/uxHMqEiY
find
quote
Hey guys, i have just updated the new A13 Modded but AIDA shows that the VBIOS is still 2098, I tried to update twice. The Menu is shown, anything wrong?
find
quote
Flashed it... No visible changes whatsoever. And yeah, mine shows 2098 too... Weird. TW, are you sure this was the right image?

EDIT: Yeah, I just unpacked BIOS1_A13_MOD_2158.WPH and it still has 2098. And the separate 29206FC2-9EAB-4612-ACA1-1E3D098FB1B3_1_940.ROM that comes in the same archive is actually 2098 too!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)