Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6516
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308174
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61531
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19933
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168389
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5961
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60711
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274661
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 639
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693477
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173965
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 917
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59520
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43054

Dell Vostro 3450: CPU Upgrade
#1
Hey guys!

I'm a happy user of a Dell Vostro 3450 currently equipped with an i5-2410m.
I replaced its HDD with a proper SSD and added some memory.

I think it's high time I go for a cpu upgrade (I'm drooling over the i7-2960xm).
As far as I know all dual core Sandy Bridge are supported but I can't find anything about quad cores apart from the intel ark information about the HM67 chipset compatibility list (https://ark.intel.com/products/52809/Mob...ss-Chipset).

I'm not really concerned about cooling or power, I have the laptop on a stand with a 200mm fan and cut out the chassis. I also replaced the thermal pads and paste with high grade arctic cooling ones. I'm about to buy a 150W power supply to replace the 90W that was shipped with the laptop.

I tried to open the BIOS and could extract the EFI structure but I don't know how to read the files that seem related to the CPU.

Here is the BIOS I'm using at the moment modded A13 (thanks to HairyCube and TimeWalker for the mods btw!).
The orginal Dell BIOS is A13.

If you could help me figure out how to find the support cpu list it's be grateful! Big Grin

Thanks a bunch guys!

bbye

Antoine
find
quote
#2
Make and post TXT report of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#3
(07-02-2017, 02:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make and post TXT report of CPU-Z.

Here you go! Smile

edit: oh wait you don't need the screenshots, I'm dumb :'(


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               

.txt   CPU-Z Report.txt (Size: 57.77 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#4
OK. Now you need to stress GPU and CPU simultaneously: run Furmark & LinX (with idle process priority).
Make screenshot of HWMonitor when GPU & CPU temperatures will stop rising.
find
quote
#5
Should I overclock the GPU for the stress test?
I can push it from 630/1040 (GPU/MEM) to 820/1355 with MSI AfterBurner.
find
quote
#6
No, only normal speeds.
find
quote
#7
(07-02-2017, 12:30 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: No, only normal speeds.

Ok so here is the context:
  • Room Temp is 22°C (quite high for me, average is 18°C)
  • The test is being done with a non-modded chassis: the cut out one is in the garage waiting to get my Dremel back (got 2 Vostro 3450, one being used for spare parts)
  • Max temperatures stabilized after roughly 15 minutes of stress test
I believe I can shave of easily 10-15°C with the modded chassis because it'll allow the huge fan from my stand to blow directly on the CPU/GPU.
Here is the link for the stand specs: Cooler Master Ergostand III


Thanks a bunch for your help! Smile


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#8
This screenshot wasn't made with full CPU load...
find
quote
#9
I'll do it again, forgot to paste it in paint and lost it during post editing.
find
quote
#10
BTW: can you disable internal Intel HD Graphics in BIOS?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)