Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6365
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424498
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224622
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61974
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Dell XPS One A2010 8GB RAM Unlock
#1
Does anyone have a BIOS that will allow me to address all 8GB on my Dell XPS One A2010 model?

Oops, can a mod move this thread to the requests section? Lost track of where I was. Smile
find
quote
#2
Limitation of RAM size is due to hardware design not BIOS .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
So if I can (and I do) run Windows 7 64bit on the machine, should I be able to address all 8GB of memory?
find
quote
#4
Win7 64-bit should recognize this 8GB as long as its supported by the motherboard ( motherboard supports 8GB of ram ) .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#5
I've ordered the RAM and hoping the mobo recognizes it. Thanks for your help.
find
quote
#6
(03-16-2012, 06:07 AM)txdot Wrote: I've ordered the RAM and hoping the mobo recognizes it. Thanks for your help.

did the 8GB of ram worked?
if so, What OS do you have and what type of ram did you get?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
find
quote
#7
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. The first RAM I tried was from KomputerBay (found on Amazon). While it worked in that the PC booted up and ran OK for a while, it would randomly cause a BSOD. I used MEMTEST86 to test the RAM and it passed but the tests but still caused a BSOD after some time. So I sent it back. I then purchased some Patriot RAM from Fry's (FRYS.com #6416292) and haven't had any issue at all. I also put a Cosair Force 3 120GB SSD in at the same time. Since it generates no heat (the regular HDD generated quite a bit) maybe that helps the RAM not heat up? I don't know but it is an additional change. The next thing I'm going to upgrade is the processor. I'll install a 65W quad core and that should make this PC good to go for the next 3-5 years.
find
quote
#8
So when you looking at System Properties, your machine recognizes all 8GB of RAM?
Also, this is utilizing Windows 7 Ultimate? Did you use a BIOS MOD?

The reason I ask is that I am considering this machine for my niece.
find
quote
#9
(08-07-2013, 04:08 PM)magilla77 Wrote: So when you looking at System Properties, your machine recognizes all 8GB of RAM?
Also, this is utilizing Windows 7 Ultimate? The reason I ask is that I am considering this machine for my niece.
Yes it does recognize all 8 GB. I'm running Windows 7 Professional. Any 64 bit OS should recognize all 8 GB.
find
quote
#10
(08-07-2013, 05:20 PM)txdot Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 04:08 PM)magilla77 Wrote: So when you looking at System Properties, your machine recognizes all 8GB of RAM?
Also, this is utilizing Windows 7 Ultimate? The reason I ask is that I am considering this machine for my niece.
Yes it does recognize all 8 GB. I'm running Windows 7 Professional. Any 64 bit OS should recognize all 8 GB.

Did you use a BIOS mod on this? Are you still using this system? If so, could you post some pics? I'd really appreciate it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)