Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425660
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227628
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

EVGA 780i SLI - PCIe slot unlock as primary
#1
Exclamation 
EVGA 780i SLI motherboard
unlock the remaining PCIe slots for primary GPU usage



Greetings!

Let me start by giving thanks to any and all who may read this. And my deepest gratitude to any and all who help me with this issue here.
(I will be as short as possible) I cannot use my PCIe #1 slot on my mother board. And the remaining two, are locked to SLI use only. The owner is forced to use the top most PCIe slot on this mother board. The other 2 slots do work and find the GPU's . But they move you to a locked screen informing you to move the card to slot #1 for non SLI use. I read in a post here a member had someone, one of your coding gods here, make a custom bios for him. And that it worked fine for him.
Im only in need of a unlock. All of my other settings are just fine.

I use both bios's the FTW and the regular one. (for the varying options)
So I will attach both bios's . I will leave it to whomever to decide on what one is easier to modify. And last, I understand this is use at my own risk. My only other option is to do some capacitor soldering. Im not scared to do that, its just tedious work for my. I have stupid fingers. Very bad dexterity. ;(

ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/NF78P10.bin (regular)
ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/E178_SZ17.exe (FTW bios)

Thanks again,
Orcinus
find
quote
#2
Hello all,

I'm so glad to find this thread that I could jump out of my chair, but I'm also sad to see that it hasn't been answered.

I'm in a bit of a jam. I've built out a machine to use as a home server with an old 780i FTW and a Q6600 that I got off of E-bay. However it seems like the first PCI-e slot on the board went bad during shipping (or the seller was shady, either or). So now I'm in the same position as the OP. The second slot works and it seems like the board will work just fine otherwise (can access BIOS and will POST) but I can't use it with a card in SLOT 2 since it's locked. I simply can't get past the POST screen.

Is it possible that anyone could unlock the ability to use a single video card in PCI-e SLOT 2 with the FTW BIOS for this board? Please find the link below to the latest BIOS for the FTW board. Thank you so much in advance!

ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/E178_SZ17.exe
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)