Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424154
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3556
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 163
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 353
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309511
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169145
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274950

Enabling E480 Backlit Keyboard on a ThinkPad E485
#21
Did you download the Setup_var2 file I linked? I see ver3 in there, but var2 is another separate file, did you try that one? It's supposed to fix this out of range stuff. https://habr.com/post/190354/

I assume power traces may not be include on the board, it's cheaper that way and anything to cut costs would be done on lesser models when possible. Settings are in the BIOS, and I think set to 0x2 by default, so they didn't' remove the BIOS option.
find
quote
#22
I've got a E485 on it's way next week. I don't have the backlit keyboard, but I can attempt to set those variables and see what it spits out. If it looks good I can maybe look at the connector for the keyboard and see if it has traces for the backlit. Is there a pinout of the keyboard connectors I can refer to?
find
quote
#23
Thanks, it would be good to get some more people trying to figure out what's going on here. I doubt there is any pinout, and even if there was there may be trace there on all, but only connected at chipset or other controller point or resistor somewhere else (And not on some). So even with pinout may not help, and if trace is there it still may not mean it's fully connected a all points it would be to be functional.
find
quote
#24
Afaik it has to be enabled in the embedded controller. At least I read something like this a few weeks ago while researching about Mods for other ThinkPads. So some kind of Dump for both Platforms would be needed to compare. I would not just apply Intel ECP to AMD. EC/P also can be extracted by Bios Update file from the website.
find
quote
#25
Yes, I can extract the EC from the EXE/BIOS, but I don't know of anything to work with EC files other than looking in hex or assembly blindly
find
quote
#26
May I know if anyone have successfully enabled backlit on E485/E595?

I have recently changed my E595 non backlit keyboard to backlit one, however unable to on the backlit using Fn+Space bar.

Thank you in advance.
find
quote
#27
Hello,
Thinkpad t495 have also ryzen cpu and it have backlight keyboard. If someone check t495 bios file you guys definitely can figure out. Maybe it needs some extra power. Btw I have not any knowledge about bios modding. But olso have e495 and waiting a solution for this. Good luck Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)