Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6415
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14046
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424572
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224897
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119212
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309843
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169444
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6393
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Entering the Bios Mod World - Need Help Recovering [ T440s ] :)
#1
Hello everyone, this is my first post, and thanks to my failed bios update, I found this frickin amazing site!

This kind of stuff gets me excited, ready to learn what it is all about

Before I move further and dive deep, 

I need a little help recovering my T440s corrupted bios

So far I have followed the steps & used the Phoenix/WINCRIS tool on my FAT formatted 4gb flash drive

I have attempted to pull the bios file which seemed to be the "[0]" file that is 6,019 KB from here:

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/gjuj28us.exe
I am not sure which one it is, maybe someone can help verify

If I install it, these are the contents: https://gyazo.com/f13d08edb611fac8eebc89475c08f50e
Hope this helps

Plug in the USB, tried with and without battery with pluged AC

Tried Fn+B, Win+B, Fn+R while holding down the power button

So far no results, all I get with or without holding the buttons is some hissing noise coming from the speakers

Also note that when I power it on regularly it only flashes the keyboard black lights once, and the fan does not spin, on hissing noise from the speakers
I got 2 choices, learn something new and recover it with your help or order one of those programmed bios chips from ebay

I would really appreciate the help, and plan to eventually pass on the knowledge to others on this  forum

Thank You Smile
find
quote
#2
Hi
BIOS recovery is only possible with the help of SPI-programmer + clip
find
quote
#3
(10-16-2016, 02:19 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: Hi
BIOS recovery is only possible with the help of SPI-programmer + clip

Hey thanks for replying, kind of confused,
https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/

Doesn't that fix corrupt bios ?

I don't mind buying an SPI Programmer & Clip,
Which one do you suggest?

http://tinyurl.com/hay34rt
or
http://tinyurl.com/z6gn4h7
or
http://tinyurl.com/hfffm25 (having to desolder the chip)

Thanks again
find
quote
#4
Also,

What is a good way to check and confirm the file I extracted is the bios WPH?
find
quote
#5
I keep accidentally adding an new post :|
find
quote
#6
Hi NuclearKommando, did you have any success regarding your T440s? I do also have a problem and suspect the bios chip. I get 2x5 beeps but no bootup or reaction afterwards.

I am not sure though if the T440s has a phoenix bios and the reply of dodu2002 is also confusing me.

Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)