Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108113
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1319
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

Foxconn P4M8907SA-RS2H Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
#1
Hello everyone!  Smile

I have recently acquired an old desktop PC running Windows XP.
Here's some info about it:
  • Motherboard: Foxconn P4M8907SA-RS2H
  • Chipset: VIA P4M890 + VT8237R Plus
  • CPU: Intel Celeron D 336, LGA775
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Integrated graphics (64MB, S3 Graphics UniChromeTM Pro IGP)

However, I'd want to make this PC work with a better CPU I have, which is the Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, as I primarily want faster web browsing and flash games.

According to the manufacturer's (archived) website, it should support the Intel Core 2 Duo.
However, when I tested it, it didn't work. There was no beep, no POST and nothing displayed on the screen.

Is there any way to modify the BIOS to make it support that CPU?

I've found a BIOS for my motherboard here, which is attached to this post (634F1P15.zip, dated 2006).
I also attached my own BIOS dump, which is older, that I dumped using Award WinFlash 1.94 (awdbios.bin), although I'm not sure if the way I dumped it is correct.
Lastly, I've attached the CPU-Z report as a TXT file and a screenshot of both the CPU and mainboard tabs.

Thank you!  Rolleyes


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       

.zip   634F1P15.zip (Size: 381.39 KB / Downloads: 1)
.bin   awdbios.bin (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   CPUZ.txt (Size: 44.85 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#2
P4M890 has support of Conroe, but this motherboard has old VRM without such support.
http://web.archive.org/web/2012010506112...-us0000173
find
quote
#3
(01-16-2026, 04:17 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: P4M890 has support of Conroe, but this motherboard has old VRM without such support.

Hello,

Ah, that sucks. I guess I will stick with the 336 CPU for now.

Thank you for checking. I appreciate that.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)