Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 12:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 26
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317083
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101054
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2518
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40959
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 335
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55306
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6566
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 144
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52173
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167154
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 238
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 326
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6332
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

GA-EP45T-UD3LR

.rar   45TUD3LRMMOD_8_15_12.F10.rar (Size: 1.09 MB / Downloads: 28)
Please, can you send me modded BIOS to work with X5482 X5492 and Hyundai ddr3 as on following screens from Speccy?
This PC is already working on Intel Xeon E5450 as it is on screens from speccy, but not sure if actual bios support 1600 Bus Speed Xeons.
Maybe there is the way to check it?
I do not want a hassle with this PC so would like double check and be really sure that it will work, as well (in case of major problems) give me the option to step back to shown onscreen configuration.

CPU
Intel xeon e5450
intel xeon e5482
intel xeon e5492 > considering it in future if all works Smile

mem
Type    DDR3
Size    4096 MBytes
Manufacturer    Hyundai Electronics
Max Bandwidth    PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part Number    HMT351U6EFR8C-PB

mobo
Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.
Model   GA-EP45T-UD3LR (Socket 775) Rev 1.3
Chipset Vendor    Intel
Chipset Model    P45/P43/G45/G43
Chipset Revision    A3
Southbridge Vendor    Intel
Southbridge Model    82801JR (ICH10R)
Southbridge Revision    00

Storage
        Hard drives
                Intel Raid 5 Volume SCSI Disk Device
                    Manufacturer    Intel
                    Interface    RAID
                    Capacity    1863 GB
                    Real size    2,000,405,135,360 bytes
                    RAID Type    Software RAID

Intel Raid 5 Volume SCSI Disk Device
                    Manufacturer    Intel
                    Interface    RAID
                    Capacity    931 GB
                    Real size    1,000,205,189,120 bytes
                    RAID Type    Software RAID

[Image: mfr5fLi.png]
[Image: EvWEYdL.png]
[Image: L2TZL8P.png] 

I am dreaming also about better bios for Raid for this ICH10 mobo, maybe someone can include it in optional ROM for the test,
I know I am asking much and it is quite an old platform but can not afford a new one ATM.

I have this what I have attached as F10 modded Bios.
May be someone can check it and say if it will work for me in my needs.

That's it please be explanatory enough to prevent all mistakes.
Thank you in advance
PitKoz

PS.:
someone on other sides said that older bios than F12e is better for slight tuning the system, but I think for the sake of stable work,
I give up overclocking it at all.
PK
find
BIOS you attached is already compatible w/ X5482/X5492

For RAID, you will have to specify what version rom you want, then I can update that along with all microcodes to latest version. When I do the microcode updates I will also put in all 771 specific Xeon codes too, to ensure full compatibility with the X series CPU's. They may need this to boot anyway, I am not 100% sure, so maybe wait to use those until you specify RAID module and then I send you mod BIOS.
find
All BIOS with support of E5450(SLANQ) and FSB=1600 Mhz can run X5482(SLANZ).
find
For now, here is BIOS with updated microcodes only, once you are sure which RAID rom you want I can make new with that included later.
Please flash using Qflash or FlashSPI
[Image: j9ANP9a.png]

Attached Files
.zip   EP45T-UD3LR-F10-Microcodes Updated.zip (Size: 698.51 KB / Downloads: 18)
find
In the Rar there is the description about the raid ROM update to IRST 11.5.0.1582, Intel says it is now 10.0.17134.1 one time it says intel driver and here it says windows... big time headache [Image: Kqq4Smz.png], can not say which informations are relevant to the problem...  but completely do not know why Realteck was updated to Realteck 2.48 also. I am using win 10, there is very limited option to manage matrixes directly, have big experience in SCSI, raids still using them on my time capsule PC, but this raid is kind of fake...
Definitively software one.
Plenty discussion in the net about it...
What are the options I can choose?
Hard to tell if the different Raid Bios is giving better performance and manageability, would be good to have it hot-swap... but I doubt if software raids do support it...
The raid bios are imported probably from different motherboard BIOSes, I am a bit lost...
Please advise me something, actual win 10 driver is 13.6.0.1002 but it gives no RST interface nor clear info about verification nor condition of RAID nor disks.
Some advice? Will be very welcomed Smile
find
RAID option rom (orom - in the BIOS) is not the same as what driver you install in windows (what you show above)

Yes, that pre-modified BIOS you attached has updated RAID orom at some time in the past, to the version mentioned in the notes. Here is image showing what is in that BIOS, so you can see that it's correct and what that note said is there as it mentioned.
[Image: ziihTrM.png]

As for RAID drivers, here is a good summary of what's best and why, see section C-a, two of those apply to your system ( RST drivers v11.2.0.1006 or Intel RST(e) drivers v12.9.4.1000)
https://www.win-raid.com/t29f25-Recommen...ivers.html

Once you install one of those you will have Intel RST interface in the operating system. RAID 5, you can swap out a disk and rebuild, like if one dies or something, but I'm not sure about a hot-swap, I don't think that's possible with RAID system (Maybe storage array) I'm not a RAID expert though, that is why I linked you to RAID specific forum threads I know of for best knowledge I know of that topic.

Now, RAID orom in the BIOS is totally separate thing, this is part of the processing of data, along with the drivers, and the interface you build the RAID array using Control + I at startup. Generally newer is better than older, but not always, and latest is not always best. Here's a breakdown of your options for RAID orom in BIOS. See spoiler #1, recommendations at bottom of that section to help you choose - https://www.win-raid.com/t7f13-AHCI-amp-...dules.html

Realtek, they likely updated just for sake of updating to latest available at that time, or someone who initially requested that mod requested it updated then too.

Let me know which RAID orom you want and I can put in BIOS for you.
find
Thank you again, you are PRO, wish someone to improve my GIGABYTE HD 7790 WindForce 2X OC firmware video card this way.... thank you very much, really appreciate your help!!
I will go through this links you provided today evening.
Now, had to postpone for a day or two all upgrade due to too much work on me after 9 days of being out of my duties and work.
There is something else came to my attention, my bios F12e is compatible with the RAM I have,
F12e was kind of improved on compatibility as it is claimed by Gigabyte...
Can it be reflected in F10?
Memory RAM, with this mobo, is most fragile and frustrating problem although web discussion, especially in the maximum amount of 16GB.
Today MS is patching... I am really afraid of them doing roll-up.
You know all about this for sure. Smile

Thanks again and talk you later,
PS.:
I ove ya couple of beers already, earn some more to make us be good mood together Smile

PK
find
Thanks. I think there is tools to modify 7790 BIOS, did you already see those?

Yes, I would suggest latest BIOS anyway, but you seemed to want F10 so I used that in previous mod. I can do it all on latest BIOS instead if you want. Both BIOS work with your memory, I do suggest latest BIOS, but if you like F10 you can keep using that and mod it instead.

All beers welcomes, thanks! Smile
find
(09-04-2018, 01:55 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks.  I think there is tools to modify 7790 BIOS, did you already see those?

Yes, I would suggest latest BIOS anyway, but you seemed to want F10 so I used that in previous mod.  I can do it all on latest BIOS instead if you want.  Both BIOS work with your memory, I do suggest latest BIOS, but if you like F10 you can keep using that and mod it instead.

All beers welcomes, thanks! Smile

No, all I found was GPU selection for the firmware and there are some options for very similar Asus and sapphire but did not dare to try it even, GA firmware is crap and does not even have revision number, as it looks like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX LMFAO... but video is quite mighty ... and manage some games.. AMD sucks as they sacked the head of drivers department... so struggling with all of them.. and soft is slowing down video hardly... so just driver option is the only solution.

BTW too tired today to progress with mobo bios and raid options...
catch you tomorrow.

[Image: 7bndupd.gif]
[Image: eE7WVFl.png]
find
Send me backup of your BIOS from GPU-z, it's the little arrow button under AMD Logo if you were not sure how to dump BIOS.
That looks like normal AMD BIOS version naming scheme to me, maybe sometimes there is more digits than all those zeros, but not always.
find