Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 66
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40964
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55311
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52214
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167177
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

Generic "X89" (Socket G34 Opteron Platform) Chinese Motherboard AMI BIOS unlock??
Shocked 
Alrighty! Hey guys! I joined today because like. I tried. I read guides. I googled. I reddited. I youtubed even. I downloaded stuff. I tried editing things and basically was like a 5 year old trying to build a Lego Death Star. So now here I am; crying for halpz!

I bought a "Jingsha X89" motherboard along with a cheap 12-core processor. The website for the manufacturer is Mingize / Huanan / Jingsha (and probably others)and it seems they have multiple socket G34 motherboards; but with different brands. "Huanan" seems to be another brand that makes these boards.

Alas - one of the problems is that there are -0- overclocking options.

* Hypertransport is locked to 2000MHz
* RAM speed is locked
* RAM timings are locked
* BCLK options are unavailable
* CPU Multiplier options are unavailable

Does anyone have any insight? What is the "bounty" needed for someone to unlock the other features? Smile
X89??? Big Grin

Link to your BIOS would help immensely Smile
find
(06-05-2019, 05:14 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: X89??? Big Grin

Link to your BIOS would help immensely Smile

"X89" is what they branded the Opteron G34 motherboards that only have single channel RAM! So weird!

Anyway -- I cannot even find a place to download the BIOS! I tried to backup the BIOS I have now to upload that file... but can't even do that! Any tips from folks on how to do that are like... SUPER DUPER appreciated xD
Try this, disable anti-virus app before downloading and unpacking/using, or safe to ignore if you can in your virus app. Program window cannot be moved, and screen may freeze while it works. Press read, then once it's done you can press backup and that will save the file
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details...olkit.html

If that fails, email the company and ask for BIOS update package or current BIOS package so you can reflash, this way you'll also get their standard update program too.
find
(06-06-2019, 10:14 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Try this, disable anti-virus app before downloading and unpacking/using, or safe to ignore if you can in your virus app.  Program window cannot be moved, and screen may freeze while it works.  Press read, then once it's done you can press backup and that will save the file
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details...olkit.html

If that fails, email the company and ask for BIOS update package or current BIOS package so you can reflash, this way you'll also get their standard update program too.
This link seems to work great! I backed up the BIOS and uploaded it for you. [u]It is located here for Download

[/u]
(As a side note; I emailed the manufacturer about 1 week ago. They say it will take 24 hours to reply... but they never replied; sadly!) 

Hopefully some OC features are unlockable! The motherboard even has a chipset fan; so it seems promising Smile
Thanks, I can edit this BIOS. Please upload a zip or 7zip package showing me all current BIOS pages you can see, all settings/pages etc, so I can see what you have visible vs what I need to make visible. This really only applies to Chipset and advanced/CPU, if that's all you care about. I do see memory timings (Maybe only a "Show User current" not actual adjustable, and speed (400-800, default=533), in chipset/NB, but no CPU multi option in advanced/CPU
find
(06-07-2019, 12:41 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, I can edit this BIOS.  Please upload a zip or 7zip package showing me all current BIOS pages you can see, all settings/pages etc, so I can see what you have visible vs what I need to make visible.  This really only applies to Chipset and advanced/CPU, if that's all you care about.  I do see memory timings (Maybe only a "Show User current" not actual adjustable, and speed (400-800, default=533), in chipset/NB, but no CPU multi option in advanced/CPU

Hey there! You are awesome! My bad for the delay - I hope you have been having a great week!

I included photos of (basically) every menu in case you can think of anything else people might want unlocked (additional RAID options, PCI-Express power options and link speed, etc etc)

Biggest thing I am hoping for is:

1. FSB/BLCK unlock/ability to set. This should then allow for the Hypertransport, RAM frequency, CPU clockspeed, etc to be OC'd
  2. CPU Voltage Adjustments
  3. RAM Voltage Adjustments
  4. Northbridge/Hypertransport Northbridge Adjustments
  5. Assign each RAM slot to a specific NUMA for the CPU (CPU is Qty 2 (two) 6-core "NUMA"s I believe... normally these are quad-channel RAM chips with each "NUMA" getting assigned dual-channels. Essentially it is two AMD FX-6000 series CPUs "glued" together with the precursor to Threadripper/Ryzen's "Infinity Fabric" I believe). Anyway. This motherboard only has two RAM slots. As such, the first 6 cores receive dual-channel RAM and the other 6 only access the RAM across the "glue". It would be interesting to see benchmarking results with 1 stick per "6 core NUMA" vs only one "NUMA" getting dual-channel RAM with the other cores accessing it across there)
Whew that was a long "point #2." Yikes.

Beyond that anything along these lines would be nice:
  • CPU Clock
  • Hypertransport/NB speed
  • Actually making RAM clock adjustments "set" instead of just being an option
  • Manual RAM timings 
TL;DR: Can you give it more of the options that are found on an AMD 990FX or AMD 970 motherboard like FSB/BCLK and voltage controls? Tongue
Download Link: A whole bunch of BIOS images. Chipset is near the end.

You rock! (Also I have a 12-core Phenom-based Opteron. Let me know if you would want that sent your way if you feel like playing with one of these boards!)
Thanks! Big Grin And no problem about delay, I'm always behind too Big Grin

I'll see what I can do, what do you mean by this >> •Actually making RAM clock adjustments "set" instead of just being an option

Nice monitor!! Smile How much was it?

Give me some time to figure this out, remember editing old BIOS etc Big Grin I see some items look like they should be visible to you, but are not, so it will take me a bit to figure that out and remember how to check/change all that again since I haven't dug deep into old BIOS like this (Non-UEFI) in a long time.

For now, please test flashing this, we'll have to figure out how to flash in mod BIOS on your board before anything else anyway. This has a single settings change, that I want to know if you can see or not, and this can be quick mod BIOS to use so we can figure out how to flash method. The change is at Advanced >> ACPI Config >> General ACPI Config >> C-States Support (Visible setting to you now, or not)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5107925376

First, try flashing using this method, download the tools in this guide, but pay attention only to the last spoiler on how to flash method
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/592...herboards/

If that does not work, I will send you some tools in PM with other method to use.
Then, once we find working method to flash, be patient while I try to figure out why items aren't visible to you that should be, and figure out how to change that again Big Grin
find
(06-14-2019, 12:47 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks! Big Grin  And no problem about delay, I'm always behind too Big Grin

I'll see what I can do, what do you mean by this >> •Actually making RAM clock adjustments "set" instead of just being an option

Nice monitor!! Smile How much was it?  

Give me some time to figure this out, remember editing old BIOS etc Big Grin  I see some items look like they should be visible to you, but are not, so it will take me a bit to figure that out and remember how to check/change all that again since I haven't dug deep into old BIOS like this (Non-UEFI) in a long time.

For now, please test flashing this, we'll have to figure out how to flash in mod BIOS on your board before anything else anyway.  This has a single settings change, that I want to know if you can see or not, and this can be quick mod BIOS to use so we can figure out how to flash method.  The change is at Advanced >> ACPI Config >> General ACPI Config >>  C-States Support (Visible setting to you now, or not)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5107925376

First, try flashing using this method, download the tools in this guide, but pay attention only to the last spoiler on how to flash method
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/592...herboards/

If that does not work, I will send you some tools in PM with other method to use.  
Then, once we find working method to flash, be patient while I try to figure out why items aren't visible to you that should be, and figure out how to change that again Big Grin

I have tried. :Sad

I have even tried flashing the original BIOS backup that I made. I keep getting the error: 

46 - Error: Problem getting flash information.

If I try it with /X I get: 

10 - Error: Unable to load driver.

I'm feeling like a total noob here with this haha.

-----

As far as the monitor is concerned --- I think it was like $375 when I bought it last fall!!! Its so huge though!!!
This is normal, sometimes you have to find the correct AFU version (of which there are many).

The bad thing is here, we don't have any stock BIOS page or stock BIOS file, so AFU is going to see any dump as a mod BIOS too even.

First, lets try this. If you have it, plug in a case speaker so you can hear beeps if any are made, additionally if this system has a PS/2 keyboard port, connect and use a PS/2 keyboard for this. Make a FAT32 formatted small USB Stick (128MB-2GB sized). Make a copy of the stock BIOS backup you created, name it AMIBOOT.ROM. Turn on file extensions if you do not have it on already, that way you don't end up with file name AMIBOOT.ROM.ROM. Put that file on root of the USB (ie not in any folders) Shut down system. Now, there's two ways to try this method. First one, hold down END Key and keep it held while you press the power on button, keep END key held for 30 seconds. Then let go and wait, do you see USB accessed after 2-5 minutes, or any beeps, or does windows or BIOS start? If USB is not accessed and BIOS flashing is happening, or windows or BIOS starts instead shut down again to try second method.

Press and hold the CTRL and HOME keys down while turning the power on. Continue to hold the CTRL and HOME keys down until the access light on the USB Flash Drive comes on if it has one. It may take a few seconds or more before this light turns on. Release the keys once you see USB being accessed via it's LED, or you hear case speaker beeping. Or, if windows or BIOS starts instead, then neither of these methods will work, usually this is done to recover from badly flashed BIOS, so it may not work here.

I sent you a package of AFU versions. First try the GUI version from 5.05 folder, can you open it and make a backup? If not, next try the GUI versions from 4.10 and 4.48 folders.

If none of those work, then try all command line versions (any that are .exe without GUI or DOS in the name). Try them from windows command line, and use the command below.
AFU backup.rom /O

Once you find one that works and creates a backup.rom file in the same folder, then write down that version. so we know you can use this version.

Try to flashback the backup.rom you created using this command >> AFU backup.rom /P /B /N /K (If error, remove /K)
If that fails no matter what, make DOS Bootable USB, and put the AFUDOS versions 307-440 on USB along with your backup.rom and try to flash from DOS using same command as above. Do not use the DOS ES versions yet until I tell you to, if we need them.

I think I've remembered and figured out unlocking the hidden stuff from your BIOS that looks visible already but isn't, so all we need to do now is figure out how to flash BIOS here. Or, you need to order a CH341 flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip w/ cable if BIOS is soldered to the board, or a U Type Flat Chip IC Extractor if BIOS is in a socket.

Not as much $$ as I expected on the monitor, looks sweet! Is it 31"
find