Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
sgx enabling bios help
Last Post: wafa
Today 08:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167539
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71446
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6609
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22109
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41060
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101149
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 353
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55371
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64158
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4110
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Views: 109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52247
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 251
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 340
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 158
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 142

Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR rev1.1 4TB request
(10-05-2017, 09:49 AM)gto4ben Wrote: Very strange. A HD will be automatically detected on the Intel SATA ports if you are in raid mode. Can you see your HD after hitting CTRL - I during boot upon seeing the Intel RAID screen? If you are looking for your HDs within windows, you'll need to install the Intel RST Driver 11.2.0.1006.

Total success! I was able to run a Toshiba 3TB HDD in AHCI mode and windows 10 32 bit! now I'm dealing with one of 64 bits. I upgraded from win7 to win10 32bit so far without problems.

I'm following this :
http://windowsreport.com/cmpxchg16b-comp...indows-10/

I am pleasantly surprised by the versatility of this old mobo. I wanted to have the xeon that you use with a better cooler than the current (cooler master T4 maybe) and a Radeon RX580 to try Vulcan. What do yo think? It will work?

Thank you so much, I learned a lot !!!!
find
All the Gigabyte MBs with socket 775, 2 oz copper PWBs, and solid capacitors are very good and can perform reliably beyond the typical desktop life cycle. Consider adding an SSD for your OS and you will top out the P45 chipset capabilities.

In order to fully take advantage of a X5492, a MB needs to have a 400MHz BUS and a 8.5X multiplier to reach the x5492's 3400MHz clock rate. Check your bios if you have the 0.5 multiplier or you'll only get an 8X multiplier for a 3200MHz clock rate.

Newer video cards will work on your PCIE v2.0. The only problem I've encountered is poor Crossfire support from AMD (aka ATI). Only the 2013 video drivers work in crossfire on the Gigabyte MBs and newer drivers do not. Your Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR rev 1.0 has only a single PCIE slot so that's not a concern for you.

Glad everything worked out for you.
find
(10-05-2017, 12:48 AM)gunnard Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 10:20 PM)gto4ben Wrote: Coreinfo is reporting that the X5460 does not support
CX16           " -"       Supports CMPXCHG16B instruction.
It would have a "*" if the bios supports. According to CPU-WORLD.com, your processor supports CMP16XCHG16B instructions. Looks like you need the Xeon microcodes inserted into the bios. I'll get to it in a few days. It's been a while since I did this so it you find a bios version on the web with the latest microcodes, attach it to this post to make things move quicker.

Turn ON the Intel RAID in the bios and make sure the HD is connected to the Intel SATA ports and not the GSATA ports.  It should recognize your HD correctly with the updated bios. Let's get this working before fixing the microcodes.

I never had to use the backup bios but as I understand the manual, it reverts automatically after an unsuccessful POST attempt. From a Gigabyte manual.

"What is DualBIOS™?
Motherboards that support DualBIOS have two BIOS onboard, a main BIOS and a backup BIOS. Normally, the system works on the main BIOS. However, if the main BIOS is corrupted or damaged, the backup BIOS will take over on the next system boot and copy the BIOS file to the main BIOS to ensure normal system operation. For the sake of system safety, users cannot update the backup BIOS manually"

Looking at the Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR rev 1.0 manual, your MB has dual bios so it's safe if the bios upgrade does not go well.

all right! with the bios I am calm now because I ruined a Xeon E5440 and MSI P45 Diamond mobo Sad  trying to insert the microcode a few months ago, I can't fix it.

I already flashed the bios that you sent and I write to you from that mobo (does not have GSATA).

OK, next step: I'm going to remove all hard drives and try the 3TB only because the system did not detect any HDD in RAID mode, just AHCI or IDE. Should it run the other disks in RAID mode? They are now at AHCI.

Dear gto4ben,

how are you? I was testing the 3 Tb HDD with games. It seems that I will need the microcodes because I have these (attached) alerts in 2 games.

Then we need to add the CMP16XCHG16B instructions in the bios that you modified and see if SSE4.1 can be added (if it supports it) and the other error fixed. Do you think it could be possible?

Regards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(10-27-2017, 10:24 PM)gunnard Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 10:20 PM)gto4ben Wrote: Coreinfo is reporting that the X5460 does not support
It would have a "*" if the bios supports. According to CPU-WORLD.com, your processor supports CMP16XCHG16B instructions. Looks like you need the Xeon microcodes inserted into the bios. I'll get to it in a few days. It's been a while since I did this so it you find a bios version on the web with the latest microcodes, attach it to this post to make things move quicker.

Turn ON the Intel RAID in the bios and make sure the HD is connected to the Intel SATA ports and not the GSATA ports.  It should recognize your HD correctly with the updated bios. Let's get this working before fixing the microcodes.

I never had to use the backup bios but as I understand the manual, it reverts automatically after an unsuccessful POST attempt. From a Gigabyte manual.

"What is DualBIOS™?
Motherboards that support DualBIOS have two BIOS onboard, a main BIOS and a backup BIOS. Normally, the system works on the main BIOS. However, if the main BIOS is corrupted or damaged, the backup BIOS will take over on the next system boot and copy the BIOS file to the main BIOS to ensure normal system operation. For the sake of system safety, users cannot update the backup BIOS manually"

Looking at the Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR rev 1.0 manual, your MB has dual bios so it's safe if the bios upgrade does not go well.

all right! with the bios I am calm now because I ruined a Xeon E5440 and MSI P45 Diamond mobo Sad  trying to insert the microcode a few months ago, I can't fix it.

I already flashed the bios that you sent and I write to you from that mobo (does not have GSATA).

OK, next step: I'm going to remove all hard drives and try the 3TB only because the system did not detect any HDD in RAID mode, just AHCI or IDE. Should it run the other disks in RAID mode? They are now at AHCI.

Dear gto4ben,

how are you? I was testing the 3 Tb HDD with games. It seems that I will need the microcodes because I have these (attached) alerts in 2 games.

Then we need to add the CMP16XCHG16B instructions in the bios that you modified and see if SSE4.1 can be added (if it supports it) and the other error fixed. Do you think it could be possible?

Regards.

I'm very busy this weekend and won't be able to look at the microcodes till next Wednesday at the earliest. Ask me again next Wednesday to remind me.
It's been a while since I performed a microcode update. It's tricky.
find

"What is DualBIOS™?

Dear gto4ben,

Regards.

The SSE4.1 instruction appears in CPUWorld:
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SLBBA.html

This is a view of my CPU-Z analysis:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(10-27-2017, 10:35 PM)gto4ben Wrote:

"What is DualBIOS™?

Dear gto4ben,

Regards.

I'm very busy this weekend and won't be able to look at the microcodes till next Wednesday at the earliest. Ask me again next Wednesday to remind me.
It's been a while since I performed a microcode update. It's tricky.

No problem, I understand you, I am also very complicated with time these days. I remind you next week. Thank you!
find