Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424163
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 217
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223805
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119101
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309517
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61905
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20221
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169154
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6266
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 770
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5738
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61115
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274952

Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR rev1.0 - 4TB Request
#1
Greetings All,
Similar to this thread "https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...TB-request", Can someone do the same for me by only changing the Intel RAID OROM so I can use HDs >3TB and leave everything else stock?

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR rev1.0
Attached is the latest BIOS from Gigabyte.

Thanks in advance,
ikari


Attached Files
.rar   45tud3lr_12e.rar (Size: 537.82 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#2
Modified GA-EP45T-UD3LR rev1.0 bios that was attached with the following change per your request.

Intel RAID - IMRv11201527modTRIM


Attached Files
.rar   45tud3lr_mod.rar (Size: 566.33 KB / Downloads: 5)
find
quote
#3
(06-11-2016, 12:36 AM)gto4ben Wrote: Modified GA-EP45T-UD3LR rev1.0 bios that was attached with the following one change per request.

Intel RAID - IMRv11201527modTRIM

Thank you gto4ben!
It worked and I can see and create the 4TB RAID1 from BIOS(Ctrl + I) view. When I get into the OS(Win7Ult64bit), it cannot see it as 4TB RAID1.
find
quote
#4
Windows 64bit OS can see the entire 4TB but you'll need to partition the array as GPT instead of MBR.
MBR limits you to 2047MB
find
quote
#5
(06-11-2016, 09:54 AM)gto4ben Wrote: Windows 64bit OS can see the entire 4TB but you'll need to partition the array as GPT instead of MBR.
MBR limits you to 2047MB

Screenshot attached.

When the computer booted up, I pressed Ctrl+I, created the RAID 1 array, and can see that it shows as a 3.7TB drive. Then Windows boots up. When I go to Disk Management, the new RAID 3.7TB drive shows as two separate 1678.0GB drives(DIsk 1 and Disk 2). Shouldn't it show as one 3.7TB drive?

I am prompted to convert to MBR or GPT. I selected GPT and this is where i stopped. Usually when I select GPT on newer systems, it automatically recognizes the 4TB.

On a side note, Do I need to install the Intel 11.2.0.1527 driver to match what was updated in the BIOS?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
(06-11-2016, 01:09 PM)ikari2000 Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 09:54 AM)gto4ben Wrote: Windows 64bit OS can see the entire 4TB but you'll need to partition the array as GPT instead of MBR.
MBR limits you to 2047MB

Screenshot attached.

When the computer booted up, I pressed Ctrl+I, created the RAID 1 array, and can see that it shows as a 3.7TB drive. Then Windows boots up. When I go to Disk Management, the new RAID 3.7TB drive shows as two separate 1678.0GB drives(DIsk 1 and Disk 2). Shouldn't it show as one 3.7TB drive?

I am prompted to convert to MBR or GPT. I selected GPT and this is where i stopped. Usually when I select GPT on newer systems, it automatically recognizes the 4TB.

On a side note, Do I need to install the Intel 11.2.0.1527 driver to match what was updated in the BIOS?

Resolved. Updated to the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) RAID Driver 14.8.0.1042. All is good. Thanks again! Do you have a PayPal account? I would love to send a contribution for all that you've done and have done for others. 

Super appreciated,
ikari
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)