Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424185
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 225
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223871
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309538
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20226
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169165
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6270
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274957

HP DC7900 CMT xeon x3363 Bios Mod
#1
My office still using lots of HP DC7900 (Q45/E8600).
As the Xeon X3323 is quite cheap now (7.8$), I ordered one pcs from aliexpress to improve my work PC. Will report after getting this chip.
find
quote
#2
I have HP dc7900 pc with chipset q45, can I install x3363 with bios mod
find
quote
#3
Photo 
Hi, 

i need bios mod for HP DC7900 CMT . I wont to upgrade my current CPU E8500 to xeon x3363.


I'm using latest bios v 1.27 and latest microcode from HP.
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-5...p51181.exe
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-7...p73584.exe

After upgrade with x3363 i cleared CMOS, and at fist start after hiting F1 save settings I get black screen, I can't boot.

If someone can help to make microcode to support xeon x3363?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#4
Show a photo of the screen before you hit F1.
Can you boot your Xeon in other system?
find
quote
#5
I don't have another system to test x3363. Here is a photo before save:


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
Show a photo of your Xeon.
Have you other 45-nm CPU for LGA775 with CPUID=0x10676?
Can you downgrade version of BIOS?
find
quote
#7
(02-15-2020, 09:40 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Show a photo of your Xeon.
Have you other 45-nm CPU for LGA775 with CPUID=0x10676?
Can you downgrade version of BIOS?

No I dont have another xeon , that is the only one I have. 

On Hp support page i can download  bios v1.23 and i can try that version.

Here it is CPU photos:


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#8
Have you any Core 2 Duo with C0 stepping (CPUID=0x10676)?
Any changes with BIOS 1.23?
And try to use BIOS 1.08 - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq//sp41001-...p41356.exe
find
quote
#9
(02-15-2020, 10:10 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Have you any Core 2 Duo with C0 stepping (CPUID=0x10676)?
Any changes with BIOS 1.23?
And try to use BIOS 1.08 - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq//sp41001-...p41356.exe
I can't downgrade bios on lower version . Allways stuck with 1.23 and 1.08.

I have C2D 8500 and everything works well with them.

 i thing i need to add this microcode "desktop-lga-771-775-microcode" to "u7G_0101".


Attached Files
.bin   u7G_0101.bin (Size: 64 KB / Downloads: 7)
.zip   desktop-lga-771-775-microcode.zip (Size: 75.98 KB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#10
You can't add microcode into official BIOS.
Microcode in BIOS can be updated by using u7G_0101.bin but for current installed CPU only.
I know one trick to update microcode for your Xeon but you need to have C2D with stepping C0. Your E8500 has stepping E0
Have you a hardware programmer?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)