Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Exemplary Сasual Dating - Real-life Fema...
Last Post: MechRavenz
Today 11:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Premier Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsel...
Last Post: PreviewMagic
Today 11:15 PM
» Views: 9
Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Maidens
Last Post: whyacer
Today 10:28 PM
» Views: 17
Superlative Сasual Dating - Actual Girls
Last Post: Breakthru81
Today 10:18 PM
» Views: 16
Superlative Сasual Dating - Actual Women
Last Post: maxxie
Today 10:15 PM
» Views: 18
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Today 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Today 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55105
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: FCR28
Today 10:59 AM
» Replies: 1971
» Views: 660993
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Today 06:23 AM
» Views: 113
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
Yesterday 03:53 PM
» Views: 87
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Yesterday 11:25 AM
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Yesterday 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69539
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1340
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70542
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11153
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36980
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 545389
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10776
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 553
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4241

HP Envy x360 flash utility
Hello,

I'd like to downgrade the BIOS to lower ver. on a HP laptop https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...l/18567201.

The HP tools - Firmware management does not allow the downgrade, does not read older BIOS signature file. 
This is AMI BIOS but may be tweaked by HP. Any idea how to go about that? 
Maybe a generic writing tool? 

Thx
find
Here is two files, one I edited the HP EXE, try that first. I set to not check ROM ID, there was no command for allow same or older, only check if same and if same don't flash.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=57477306364139334574

If that exe still does not work I've also included the BIOS itself from within the EXE, you should be able to find AFUWin or AFUWinGUI that will work with it. Actually, I will send you PM on this

Default command line was >> /P /ssid:083C6

/P is program Main BIOS Image only, so if you use one of the AFU GUI apps and it works, be sure to uncheck all the other boxes except program Main
find
(12-13-2018, 01:23 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Here is two files, one I edited the HP EXE, try that first.  I set to not check ROM ID, there was no command for allow same or older, only check if same and if same don't flash.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=57477306364139334574

If that exe still does not work I've also included the BIOS itself from within the EXE, you should be able to find AFUWin or AFUWinGUI that will work with it.  Actually, I will send you PM on this

Default command line was >> /P /ssid:083C6

/P is program Main BIOS Image only, so if you use one of the AFU GUI apps and it works, be sure to uncheck all the other boxes except program Main

That's impressive, thanks. I'll look into that.
If I understand correctly, you edited original flash util. with a mod to allow older? If it still won't flash then AFUWin, right?
The BIOS you included is F19, the one that killed my laptop, anything but that would be better, LOL, don't trust it anymore, something like F17/16...?
Filename is the same, only content is different.
Tell me about worst case scenario... if it starts and fails. It boots now but what if it doesn't boot anymore afterwards...? Any danger of that?
find
Yes, I extracted the initial exe into the main secondary exe, then edited that to "Not check ROM ID" However, that is all, it still may check rom version and block downgrade. There was no allow older option or anything like that, so may be pointless mod and still fail in same manner.

That BIOS killed your laptop, is the system not running now? Sorry, I didn't include older version instead, not sure how I missed that!
I only see 19, 03 (Dated after 08?), and 08 on HP site. Can you link me to F17 or F16? Do you have them in your C drive at C:\SWSetup If you have, please upload
find
(12-13-2018, 09:11 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, I extracted the initial exe into the main secondary exe, then edited that to "Not check ROM ID"  However, that is all, it still may check rom version and block downgrade.  There was no allow older option or anything like that, so may be pointless mod and still fail in same manner.

That BIOS killed your laptop, is the system not running now?  Sorry, I didn't include older version instead, not sure how I missed that!
I only see 19, 03 (Dated after 08?), and 08 on HP site.  Can you link me to F17 or F16?  Do you have them in your C drive at C:\SWSetup  If you have, please upload

Lost_N_BIOS
lower BIOSes are on the same page (link in my opening post), once you expand +BIOS section, at the bottom of F19 paragraph there is "details|associated files|previous versions", click on previous, you'll see all of them.
F19 made graphics inaccessible for browsers and other apps, constant crashes, reboots etc. More ppl experience the same. Gotta be an issue with this BIOS independent from BIOS corruption that happened to me as well in the process. Flashed BIOS F19 several times to no avail, same outcome, corruption and crashes. Lower versions were perfect, F16 or 17. Last night I did my 3rd factory reset but this one did not even finish, cannot load Win10, it's in the loop (restore/restart/restore etc) so the BIOS situation is getting worse, 2 previous restores were completed OK but system crashed anyways... what worries me is loosing access to bootable USB's, can boot into EFI but DOS prompt is problematic therefore .exe not the best option for me at this point. If I may suggest... try expanding the F16/F17 BIOS onto USB, attach/replace the modded FW executable/.efi and zip it back up the way you want it... or tell me if I can rename .exe into .efi and put it into the HP/BIOSupdate folder?

You modded the BiosMgmt.efi and .s09 .s12 .s14 and these should be replaced in the USB structure, right?

Update is triggered from either Hewlett Packard or HP folders where in BIOS/Current folder is the BIOS version that is supposed to be installed.

From HP field manual: 

copy needed binary file(s) into \Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Current directory, or HP\BIOS\Current directory, or \HP\DEVFW directory.

Option 3: Manually invoke BIOS Crisis Recovery  

In order to use this Option, the needed binary files must be in \Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Current directory, or HP\BIOS\Current directory, or \HP\DEVFW directory as can be achieved in the first 2 steps of Option 1 or 2.

1.     Power down the failed system.

2.     Hold down one of the following two key combinations:
a.     The [Windows] and B key 
b.     All 4 arrow keys
3.     While holding down one of the two key combinations from 2a & 2b, power on the system.
4.     Release the keys approximately three seconds after powering up the system.
1.      The system will start the recovery process.  Please refer to Option 1, #5 & #6, for details.

If the BIOS recovery does not execute after these Options have been executed, then the system BIOS will not be recoverable.
find
Thanks, I guess I missed that for the older BIOS! No, I did not modify anything like you mentioned, only the exe's default command flags within the exe itself that I uploaded for you, this was done with the application that originally packaged the EXE file too so should not be an issue, however I am not sure that will help with the rollback. normally this is used to crossflash or force flash in some other boards BIOS, but I though if it's going by ID and if ID changes with each version (Some brands this is true), then this might help.

I changed >> command line used by programmer >> /P /ssid:083C6 To >> /X /P /ssid:083C6 >>> /X = Do not check ROM ID

I will get you F17 version files later today or tonight, sorry but I'm just heading out now.
Never mind, I did for you real quick Big Grin Hope it helps!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08191240552455563725

F17 - HPWinGUI's exe default command was >> /tpmrev:F.17 /P /ssid:083C6
083C6F17.exe default command was / same >> /tpmrev:F.17 /P /ssid:083C6

Both files with -M added to name have default command now >> /tpmrev:F.17 /X /P /ssid:083C6
find
(12-13-2018, 11:22 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, I guess I missed that for the older BIOS!  No, I did not modify anything like you mentioned, only the exe's default command flags within the exe itself that I uploaded for you, this was done with the application that originally packaged the EXE file too so should not be an issue, however I am not sure that will help with the rollback.  normally this is used to crossflash or force flash in some other boards BIOS, but I though if it's going by ID and if ID changes with each version (Some brands this is true), then this might help.

I changed >> command line used by programmer >>   /P /ssid:083C6  To >> /X /P /ssid:083C6  >>> /X = Do not check ROM ID

I will get you F17 version files later today or tonight, sorry but I'm just heading out now.
Never mind, I did for you real quick Big Grin  Hope it helps!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08191240552455563725

F17 -  HPWinGUI's exe default command was >> /tpmrev:F.17 /P /ssid:083C6
083C6F17.exe default command was / same  >> /tpmrev:F.17 /P /ssid:083C6

Both files with -M added to name have default command now >> /tpmrev:F.17 /X /P /ssid:083C6
Thanks, hang on, testing... Cool
find
(12-13-2018, 07:30 PM)ptek Wrote: Thanks, hang on, testing... Cool
find
Problem is these flashers do not run in DOS only EFI or Windows, I wrote about it before. 
EXE forces me to run DOS, where these don't work, "this program cannot be run in DOS mode".
Since my Windows is down, can't run it at all. It has to have original file extension .efi to run "in between" DOS and Windows = EFI.
Huh 
As I indicated before, best way for me, and probably the only one, is to leave the file's .efi extension + the name intact so I could substitute both in the original USB flash key file structure, together with the BIOS file.
Then I could initiate boot and the flasher with a key combination (above).
find
That is why I sent you AFU files, and sorry I only sent old ones for DOS before, I just sent you modern DOS and EFI Files in PM. EFI is like DOS, but more modern, you can boot to if from the BIOS (on exit screen usually, launch EFI Shell)

See if you have any luck with the EFI files I sent, if not I'm pulling out the stock ones for you now, but there's 30+ files in the exe without extensions, so I have to try and guess by size and how it looks in hex what's what. Signature/Key files I would never be able to name correctly, the extension I mean from looking at them in hex, which is which since it's an encrypted block only for each. I can get you the efi files from the exe package though, then you rename as you mentioned. Hang on a bit if you're catching my last PM before this (I sent 3 different up to date EFI AFU Flash files in PM)

Stock BIOS (F19 and F17) only contains AFUWin.exe and AFUWinGUIx64, neither exe contains EFI flash files like I already sent you. So if you must have some EFI File to use, only the one I sent you could possibly work. There isn't any EFI files used during this BIOS flash while it runs it's normal procedure, only AFUWIn/AFUWinGUIx64.

So you will have to either get it going with the EFI files I sent and the method you mentioned, or boot to DOS and use the 16MB file I sent you and one of the DOS versions I just sent in PM. If you do, either, only use the /P switch after, like so >>> toolname.exe biosfilename.bin /P
find