Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 78
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424344
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3603
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 263
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224296
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119156
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 267
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6775
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309655
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61951
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 608
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20264
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169235
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6319
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 811
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5779
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61176

HP G60 CPU Upgrade
#1
Hello Again,

My last project was successful for upgrading thanks to this forum.  I really appreciate it.  I have another laptop that I want to confirm an upgrade path for to create a Chrome OS / Chromebook.  Please take a look at stats below and let me know if this is the correct upgrade path for the GL40 chipset.

I was trying to confirm if any of these Celeron Dual Cores will work as it would be an upgrade from the single core that is in it.

Intel Mobile Celeron Dual-Core :
T1600
T1700
T3000
T3100
T3300
T3500

I was thinking of going with one of those if they are compatible.  Let me know and thanks again.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
T8100, T8300, T9300 and T9500 are recommended for upgrade this laptop.
find
quote
#3
(06-11-2020, 10:40 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: T8100, T8300, T9300 and T9500 are recommended for upgrade this laptop.

Those will work even though they are Core 2 Duos instead of Celeron processors?
find
quote
#4
Trey will work.
find
quote
#5
(06-11-2020, 11:46 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Trey will work.

Price wise on Ebay I found this chips:

intel pentium t4xxx series

will that be compatible, the t8100 and the other processors are not in the price range I want to spend
find
quote
#6
T8100 is cost about 5$.
find
quote
#7
(06-11-2020, 12:54 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: T8100 is cost about 5$.

I see that there is a bunch from China around that price or a little bit more for the T8100

I have found a couple Pentium T4400's listings for sale at the same price, but are located in the USA.

Would the Pentium T4400 work with the HP G60-519WM
GL40 Chipset?

I appreciate you working with me on this.  I just want to get something within the next week versus over the next month.
find
quote
#8
Try it.
I've already given my recommendations.
find
quote
#9
Just an FYI,

I bought the Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400 and put it in the system and it booted right up.  I was able to also put another 2gb stick of RAM.

Major improvements.

You can add the T4400 to working for the GL40 chipset for the HP G60


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)