Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424484
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224597
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61970
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

HP HDX 16 with Quad Core
#1
I've looked for days on the Internet and can't find anything about the QX9300 in the HDX 16. I have F.34 bios and sometimes it won't post and windows 7 will crash or freeze up with in 20 seconds after booting to the desktop. I can get to safe mode just fine and it shows the 4 cores running. I have reinstalled windows 7 pro 64bit but after the desktop it blue screens. Does anyone know why the hdx 16 will not run right with a quad core? My motherboard is not the problem it works just fine with a p8600 2.4ghz.
find
quote
#2
It sounds like a problem with the microcodes. See if you can use a modern Linux distro, like Ubuntu, with the QX9300. The Linux kernel has a feature where it temporarily overwrites the microcodes with the most up-to-date ones. So if you can run Ubuntu, then we've isolated the problem Big Grin
find
quote
#3
I will try Linux but is there a way to keep the microcodes so I can use windows 7? Maybe a modded bios?
find
quote
#4
probably a temperature or power consumption problem
find
quote
#5
It is not a temp or power problem.
find
quote
#6
(01-14-2014, 05:13 PM)TechNyne666 Wrote: I will try Linux but is there a way to keep the microcodes so I can use windows 7? Maybe a modded bios?

Yes, you can modify the bios to use updates microcodes. We're just trying to determine if this is the problem first. And don' be so quick to discredit Florin9doi's opinion. He's been around here a lot longer than I have.
find
quote
#7
I'm sorry if I seam rude I am not trying to be but I have a dell laptop I can put the cpu in and watch the power and heat and its normal it's just 1tdp from the x9100 that runs at 44tdp without any problems. I am looking for my Linux usb drive.
find
quote
#8
The Linux I have doesn't do anything different. gets to the desktop and freezes.
find
quote
#9
It's probably related to some compatability issues. Did you look at the user manual for your laptop on HP's support website to make sure that that processor was supported?
find
quote
#10
The chipset supports it and I can use windows in safe mode for hrs without any problems just not in normal mode. I can also boot the install disk all the way to desktop. I think it is microcodes but I have no idea how to do any of that.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)