Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3593
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224193
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119151
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6770
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61947
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20256
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169213
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6310
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 804
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5773
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61164

HP PROBook 450 G3 BIOS 1.06A has MRC problems (deadly MRC lockup)!
#1
Exclamation 
I decided to buy HP PROBook 450 G3, since I have concluded that for the performance/price prospective this notebook is almost ideal. With 6500U i7 (2+2, 2 core with HYP), with AMD Ratheon + INTEL HD 520 dual GFX for gaming, and with FHD internal FP it gives the optimal performance.

FW: BIOS: 1.03
SW: Operating System (dual boot WIN bootloader): Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) and Windows 8.1 (64-bit).
 
As I unpacked it, I stated playing with the BIOS 1.03 (initial one). First what I have noticed there is that HD-A (audio) was NOT enabled by default, which sparked the question: Why?
 
Then I set the whole BIOS to be UEFI ONLY (NO legacy, and use of CSM). I brought my UEFI live WIN 10 64 PRO, and noticed that FP has ONLY 1366x768 maximal resolution, which is most likely BIOS GOP problem (I'll talk about that in possible another post).
 
Once I brought up WIN 10 64 PRO (installed it on HDD), I decided to upgrade all the SW and FW from HP site. Noticed that ME is at 11.0.0.1097, which is the latest ME available, but also noticed that there is newer BIOS, one named 1.06A (sp74289.exe dowloadable file). Once I downloaded this file, I then followed the BIOS guidance and have upgraded the BIOS to newest one (1.06A).
 
HP 450 G3 rebooted, and needed 2 minutes to start BIOS, since (my best assumption) is that new MRC algorithm could not set correctly parameters for Samsung DDR3L single 8GB SIMM module. But I left it to struggle... It finally passed.
 
I rebooted several times HP 450 G3, and it worked seamlessly, since I was installing additional drivers, to make it fully up to latest. But, while installing AMD Catalyst, it suddenly crashed, with so known BSOD... It rebooted once more to WIN 10 64 PRO, but, onceagain, it encountered BSOD.
 
Since then, my HP450 G3 is stuck nowhere. It does NOT pass MRC, I repeated boot 10x, it is the same. I had idea to switch 8GB SIMM to 4GB SIMM (to make MRC go another route), but since notebook has warranty, I returned it for to swap with new one.


Posting here to get some new ideas from audience what should I do more to determine the already assumed MRC problem, or possible some other ROOT CAUSE?!  Huh
 
Thank you,
_nobody_
find
quote
#2
Wrong forum! CPU in your laptop is unremovable, so CPU upgrade is impossible.
find
quote
#3
Thread Moved
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)