Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224573
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 412
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309738
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

HP Pavilion DV9500
#1
I bought a DV9500 used and I'm working on modding the BIOS. It's a 965-based Intel laptop. There are a million different models in the line... this one just says DV9500 on the bottom.

So far, I have exposed 3 new options, all temperature related:
-Active Trip Point (when the fan turns on)
-High-fan Trip Point (when the fan turns to highest speed)
-Critial Trip Point (shut down temperature)

I have set the defaults lower than stock to try and protect the laptop from video failure a little better. I've got them at 47C, 53C and 87C respectfully as defaults.

I found a string for ICH Sata & Pata Control Sub-Menu but I haven't found the address of the sub-menu itself... just the label... I'd like to get it enabled... but I do not see any strings containing "RAID" or "AHCI" so it might be futile... No overclocking options from what I can tell, so don't ask. (And given that this is one of the "bumpgate" laptops, I wouldn't suggest it anyway.)

Anyone got a request? At this point, I mostly have to replace current menu items with new ones because the guide I found doesn't talk about adding new menus and says to leave the filesize the same... Though I assume it's warning about that because if someone added extra bytes in the middle, it'd throw all of the following offsets off...

Actually, I'm going to go try adding new menus myself... In the meantime, if anyone has a feature request, respond and I'll see what I can do. I can't test any of this at the moment on my laptop itself, just in Phoenix BIOS Editor.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#2
Hi, what is the version of the bios?
F59A?
I have mine modded whit whitelist, slic2.1 and EIST(for ThrottleStop).
Can you send me that one?

Thks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)