Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1820
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6430
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14061
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424614
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3667
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 337
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225035
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119229
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6828
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 453
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309879
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62016
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 672
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20332
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169476
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6408

HP Pavilion dv6-7xxx amd a8-4500m to a10-5750m
#1
HP Pavilion dv6-7010us   with amd a8-4500m updated to latest bios ver. ( f.25a) can't boot with amd a10-5750m. I supposed it's because of hp stopped updating bios versions for this model. I've tried cpu upgrade on HP Pavilion g6 with bios version f.26  and it works. is there any chance to transfer g6 bios to dv6?
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
find
quote
#3
Wink 
Big Grin  another problem. as i notice f.25a have a bug, if you remove cmos battery you will get corrupted bios. so now i'm searching bios dump for ch341a programmer. hp website has only updates there.   
here is a8-4500m cpu 
[Image: 2mhbk9u.jpg]


and it's a10-5750m  

[Image: n4d0cn.png]


I can't upload motherboard's screenshot because of corrupted bios, but  it's the motherboard  AMD Motherboard 682180-001 FS1 socket.

P.S.   have someone dump of bios for dv6-7010us?
find
quote
#4
Sorry, I can't help in this case.
find
quote
#5
(10-08-2016, 04:56 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Sorry, I can't help in this case.

thank you for fast reply. i'll try to restore bios and than upload screenshots.
find
quote
#6
I reflashed bios, so i captured screenshots of cpu and board.
1.
[Image: 1zqsygk.png]

2.
[Image: 9abzls.png]
find
quote
#7
The latest BIOS for HP Pavilion dv6-7010us has support for CPU with CPUID=0x610F01 (and 0x610F00) only. It's Trinity core, not Richland.
I can't change it.
A10-4600M is recommended by HP (page #9)
find
quote
#8
(10-09-2016, 03:34 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: The latest BIOS for HP Pavilion dv6-7010us has support for CPU with CPUID=0x610F01 (and 0x610F00) only. It's Trinity core, not Richland.
I can't change it.
A10-4600M is recommended by HP (page #9)

So it's bios limit or it's hardware limit?  thanks again
find
quote
#9
I think it's BIOS limits. But adding Richland support is too hard for me.
find
quote
#10
now weird part of the story, I discovered that 5750m is working as cpu, but not as gpu. there is only blackscreen but cpu is working well, I had bios version 25 and with 5750m in mobo, i plugged bios recovery usb with version 13. after I return 4500m in motherboard and turn it, WTF, bios recoverd to version f.13.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)