Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101458
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 515
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2868
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7257
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6979
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14333
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425388
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3832
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 522
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 324
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 544
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227373
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119530
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6989
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310546
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62215

HP Pavilion dv6500 (BIOS Boot Problem)
#1
Hi guys,

This is my first post and I hope your combined expertize can help be sort this mind boggling problem. I think it's BIOS related, but if it isn't, please accept my sincere apologies!

Here we go, I have a HP Pavilion dv6500 (dv6616ea) laptop with a AMD processor.

All of a sudden, when I switch on, the back row of lights come on and the fan starts spinning... them after 2 seconds it shuts down and the process starts all over again & again & again... forever!

At first I thought it was the Motherboard/Video Card problem which is a known issue and well documented! However, here’s the weird bit, if I reset the BIOS (removed the CMOS battery for half an hour), it boots up perfectly and the laptop will run fine all day long. There are no issues in device manager and I can run programs and browse the internet. But, as soon as I switch off/restart, it’s back to the original boot problem.

So, my conclusion is that there must be something in the BIOS that is stopping it from booting because when it’s reset it boots fine.

I’ve tried swapping the memory & put a new CMOS battery in but the problem still remains.

With regard to the BIOS, I’ve managed to Flash it to the original and also the latest version but still the problem remains:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...ang=17#120

When I can get into the BIOS, I’ve looked for things that I could possibly change to allow a ‘normal’ boot but it’s a basic BIOS where all I can really change is the Boot Order.

Does anybody know what’s going on and is there a BIOS available where I can perhaps make some other adjustments to make this laptop work as normal?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kindest regards,
Mike
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)