Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424333
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3597
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224246
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119154
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6773
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 386
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 605
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20260
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169228
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6315
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 808
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61171

HP Pavilion dv7-6020sw Bios whitelist removal
#1
Hello I hope you can help me
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP Pavilion dv7-6020sw
Bios revision: F.1B
Bios Type:Insyde
Bios Download Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55068.exe
find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Did this bios update work to remove the whitelist? I have sp55068 as well and would like to know if it worked. Thanks.
find
quote
#4
It worked perfectly, just in case anyone was wondering. Put a new wireless card in and I can already notice difference. Thanks a lot!
find
quote
#5
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

find
quote
#6
Hi everybody i tried this modded BIOS on my HP dv6 6020el with no results
It happened this:

1) I ran your package (sp55068 insyde bios F.1B) under W7 (64bit)
2) system restarted
3) Bios upgrade window appeared and i confirmed i want to upgrade

Then another window opened giving me the error "The System BIOS update failed"

This is the link to my bios: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-100034-1&cc=it&dlc=it&lc=it&man_lang=en&os=4063&product=5085372&sw_lang=
I have a BCM 4313 devID [14e4-4727]

Do you know if there is a solution to this error?

Thanks

P.S. I also tried the old version F.1A (sp54024) (http://www.mediafire.com/?yxuowe6j109w3f1) of your modded BIOS with the same results
find
quote
#7
(01-21-2012, 04:35 AM)gabrielepizza2010 Wrote: Hi everybody i tried this modded BIOS on my HP dv6 6020el with no results
It happened this:

1) I ran your package (sp55068 insyde bios F.1B) under W7 (64bit)
2) system restarted
3) Bios upgrade window appeared and i confirmed i want to upgrade

Then another window opened giving me the error "The System BIOS update failed"

This is the link to my bios: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-100034-1&cc=it&dlc=it&lc=it&man_lang=en&os=4063&product=5085372&sw_lang=
I have a BCM 4313 devID [14e4-4727]

Do you know if there is a solution to this error?

Thanks

P.S. I also tried the old version F.1A (sp54024) (http://www.mediafire.com/?yxuowe6j109w3f1) of your modded BIOS with the same results
Remove the HP_TOOLS partition. Just make sure to not save any BIOS changes made after flashing it.
find
quote
#8
(01-28-2012, 10:45 AM)Jigoku Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 04:35 AM)gabrielepizza2010 Wrote: Hi everybody i tried this modded BIOS on my HP dv6 6020el with no results
It happened this:

1) I ran your package (sp55068 insyde bios F.1B) under W7 (64bit)
2) system restarted
3) Bios upgrade window appeared and i confirmed i want to upgrade

Then another window opened giving me the error "The System BIOS update failed"

This is the link to my bios: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-100034-1&cc=it&dlc=it&lc=it&man_lang=en&os=4063&product=5085372&sw_lang=
I have a BCM 4313 devID [14e4-4727]

Do you know if there is a solution to this error?

Thanks

P.S. I also tried the old version F.1A (sp54024) (http://www.mediafire.com/?yxuowe6j109w3f1) of your modded BIOS with the same results
Remove the HP_TOOLS partition. Just make sure to not save any BIOS changes made after flashing it.

Thanx @Jigoku 4 d life saving tip which helped me unlock d advanced menu after ni8s of despair. Now all d advanced menu are unlocked n configuring d bios have become a easy step.

All credit goes to d modder @Camiloml 4 releasing such an wonderful mod.
Will try d Whitelist Mod as well....
Thnx again.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3760]
Before


.jpg   Photo0525.jpg (Size: 409.59 KB / Downloads: 35)

.jpg   Photo0530.jpg (Size: 379.72 KB / Downloads: 32)
find
quote
#9
I also have tried the bios and did not work on HP DV6t 6186nr.

1. I renamed the HP_TOOLS partition to MY_TOOLS
2. Executed the file in Win 7 x64 which extracted all its files to C:\HPBIOS\NOWHITELIST
3. ran InsydeFlash.exe
4. after the flashing, the computer rebooted.
5. Seemed to reboot fine...
6. Went into BIOS setup (to see if there is any noticeable differences in the menu but couldnt see any).
7. Exited BIOS setup without any saved changes and turned off the computer to hard reboot.
8. Blank screen with cap lock led flashing (2 flash intervals i think)
9. Had to restore to original BIOS via HP_TOOLS partition I made on a USB drive.

Any suggestions? HuhHuh

Thank you for your awesome work!!!Big GrinBig Grin

UPDATE: sp55068_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe did not work for me as i mentioned on my previous post, so I downloaded and flashed sp55068_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe and IT WORKS!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Does sp55068_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe have the Wifi Whitelist removed as well or is it just to unlock the Advanced Bios menus? ( I have no way of testing the wifi whitelist since I don't have a non-HP blacklisted wifi card YET. Tongue) If it does have the whitelist, can you possibly point me to another patched sp55068 file that has no whitelist I can test for you?

Here is the link to the HP Bios file just in case: Angel
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55068.exe

YOU THA MAN (or woman, if you are female) Camiloml!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin


THANK YOU!! and keep up the awesome work!!
find
quote
#10
I need this bios too!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)