Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424447
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224505
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119169
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20278
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169310
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

HP Pavilion g4-1012tx [UNLOCK ADVANCED OPTIONS]
#21
I've just ordered an arduinu mega so I'll use it instead of my parallel port flasher.
Here is the output of the descriptor.
Code:
C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\Intel ME System Tools v6 IBX r2\Flash Programming Tool\Windows>fptw -desc -d fd.bin

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 6.0.40.1214
Copyright (c) 2007-2010, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel(R) HM55 Express Chipset Revision: B2
Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

       --- Flash Devices Found ---
       W25Q32BV        ID:0xEF4016     Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)


- Reading Flash [0x001000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
Writing flash contents to file "fd.bin"...

Memory Dump Complete
FPT Operation Passed
Find the file attached.


Attached Files
.zip   desc.zip (Size: 294 bytes / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#22
There isn't much I can do to modify the laptops bios for now. I'll have to wait for the arduino to arrive if I'm to write anything or make a full dump.
In the meantime let me try fixing my programmer. I hope my parrallel port still works since I don't get why it doesn't respond. I used some leds which were good indicators of what was going on even without a chip attached. But now they don't indicate anything.
find
quote
#23
Did you do the pinmod?  If yes, you should be able to write this back to the FD
FPTw -desc -f fd.bin

https://nofile.io/f/7tZHVSUEMnT/descm.zip

If you did the pinmod, and can get that flashed back in, no need for any other tools, it will all be unlocked and you will be able to make a full dump I can edit it, then you can flash it back.

If not, hopefully you can get your programmer working
find
quote
#24
I've just fixed my homebrew flasher. Turnst out it was just one small wire on the wp pin that had broken.
Phew!! I'm dumping in an hour or so. I hope you will be online then I can close the laptop when you finish modding it so as not to open it twice
find
quote
#25
And here goes the dump.
If you are done within the next ~8 hours then tommorow I can get to try out the new bios.  Since I'll put it back together after flashing it. Atm I'll keep this tab open waiting for you to complete it.


Attached Files
.zip   HP_g4-1012tx_Winbond_W25Q32BV_FV_4MB.zip (Size: 1.91 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#26
There you go.
find
quote
#27
Good you were able to fix your flasher, and it was an easy fix!

Plan on leaving the laptop open, if you can. I say that because remember I mentioned it may take a few/several attempt to get BIOS to where you want it. First mod may not enable anything, it's a process we'll need to go through, since I can't make changes and immediately test on my end, and I have not previously worked on this boards BIOS.

So, please test this, then let me know if Advanced is not visible, and if any settings are shown in there or not
And, I forgot to ask earlier, please also provide an image of your current BIOS (or after program, either OK) so I can see all visible tabs/sections, in case another mod method is required.

When writing to BIOS, make sure you erase, then check it's blank, then write/verify
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xjg6j4
find
quote
#28
So after flashing this I suppose it will be possible to use fpt instead of the programmer due to unlocked fd ?
find
quote
#29
Sorry!!! I forgot! Please unlock your FD, or tell me you can't and I will do for you before you flash. Unlock is at line 60 in hex, like you see here at section "B" spoiler #2 in first image
https://www.win-raid.com/t3553f39-Guide-...icing.html

Never mind, I looked back, PRR is the issue here not locked FD. Your FD is already unlocked for read/write to the BIOS region, only NO write on ME/FD regions.

Sometimes I can remove the PRR lock, but only if I can find it, let me dig around Sad Don't have high hopes though, but will try Sad
find
quote
#30
well it didn't work. Can you unlock it for me ?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)