Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424447
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224505
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119169
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20278
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169310
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

HP Pavilion g4-1012tx [UNLOCK ADVANCED OPTIONS]
#31
What didn't work? What did you do, what did you do after that?

I am still looking for unlocking the Protected Range Register for you (Deathbringer, can you help? If yes, show me in PM location via assembly if you don't mind.) If you simply meant you cannot unlock the FD, here is BIOS with unlocked FD. Sometimes after you unlock FD, you will be able to write to the BIOS region with protected range register enabled, but I doubt it in this case since your FD was already unlocked for read/write to the BIOS region.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/adxkba

I remember one thing you can test, a bug, to see if it's still active on your system. Put the system to sleep (S3) and then resume after few minutes, then test flash via FPT again and see if you still get error 28 Protected Range Registers or not.
find
quote
#32
I've just restored my backup and it booted.
with the one you sent.The laptop starts with blank screen. Also the harddisk doesn't show any activity.
I think we can try again. I'll try looking for a connector to connect the chip to so I won't have to desolder it all the time.
I think we were this close since It first started as it would've when I remove the cmos chip.
Phew! I had accidentally connected the chip in reverse twice. Luckily this was on the programmer. But all seems good.
I'll be available again as from 9pm to try again. You can checkout my profile so you know my timezone.
Also from 9pm I can mess with this untill around 2:30am and some few hours in the morning.
find
quote
#33
Thanks for explaining what you meant! So when you wrote that BIOS, did you verify after? If yes, then that method of modification wont work for your BIOS, I will try another.

Yes, it's always safe, you can always recover now with your backup since your programmer is working, so don't let a failed flash worry you Smile

I will figure out the protected range register lock FLOCKDN, I think I found it now. Please test above method of flashing via FPT after sleep, use your current backup image to flash with Smile

Of course, none of this matters if I can't figure out the actual BIOS mod anyway for you, since first method failed. Also, please post an image of your current BIOS, so I can see all tab/sections you have visible.

And, here is test BIOS with FLOCKDN bit cleared (PRR-Protected Range Register removed), I hope. This has no other mods, built from your current backup dump, with only this single bit change
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ebengy

Test programming the above BIOS, then once in windows, try flashing again with FPT. Use this BIOS again, so lock stays unlocked, this is only meant as test, to see what if any errors show up in FPT. Use this command >> FPTw -bios -f W25Q32BV_FV_4MB-PRR-FLOCKDN-Unlocked.rom

Sorry, forgot to add -bios above for FPT, we only need to test -bios region to see if lock is still there or not.

You may need to unlock SMM again in grub, before flashing via FPT, to get to the same point you was previously with error 28 and your bios region dump test attempts
find
quote
#34
I'll try the file you sent when I come back later in the evening.
Srry I also work on sundays. In the meantime I'll try looking for a connect to make this work easy. My programmer uses connectors which I pulled from some old mobos.
find
quote
#35
Yeah, I verified and got a few errors which in my case doesn't happen often with this programmer. But I erased and wrote it back again, the verified twice just to be certain.
Also with the original dump did the same so I repeated the above.
I guess I am lucky we didn't read an incorrect dump since we would never know if the original dump is bugged with errors
find
quote
#36
Please see my edits above, refresh page. Also, on the mod BIOS failure, since you mentioned you verified and got errors, that means it's not a verified write and that may be the sole cause of the failure to boot. Once you have time, after testing this lock removed BIOS above, try the mod again later and only attempt booting on any BIOS once you write and get a verify without error, otherwise it's a failed write and of course will not boot 99.9% of the time.
find
quote
#37
I made sure to verify the chip against the file you sent before testiing it on the laptop. [I mean I wrote in then verified without error] I had to write it back again since the first time it failed to verify,
I wouldn't replace the chip not unless I was certain the contents of the chip matched the file.
Also I am supposed to program file with unlocked FLOCKDN bit cleared (PRR-Protected Range Register removed) via the programmer then try programming the original dump via fpt ?
find
quote
#38
It wasn't a failed write, I said I verified it twice after writing just to be sure.
I've just completed a full flash of the last file you sent with not a single verify error.
Here is the log.
Now returning chip to board.
As for the screenshot of current bios page, I'll have to find a camera phone or something maybe tommorow.
But the advaced options tab is not visible at all.
Code:
SPI FlashROM Programmer 2.28 (C) 2008-2018 by Martin Rehak; rayer@seznam.cz
Compiled by GCC 8.1.0 at 11:48:02, Oct  6 2018
(Win9x/NT/64 compatability)

SPI connected to LPT port at I/O base address: 378h, SCK pulse width: t+0us
FlashROM JEDEC ID, type: EF4016h
Winbond W25Q32BV/FV (4MB)
S/N = C6609040434D4C2Fh
Status = 02h, WE bit is enabled, blocks protection is disabled
Unlocking...
Status = 00h, FlashROM is unlocked now.

C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\spi\SPIPGM>spipgmw /e

SPI FlashROM Programmer 2.28 (C) 2008-2018 by Martin Rehak; rayer@seznam.cz
Compiled by GCC 8.1.0 at 11:48:02, Oct  6 2018
(Win9x/NT/64 compatability)

SPI connected to LPT port at I/O base address: 378h, SCK pulse width: t+0us
FlashROM JEDEC ID, type: EF4016h
Winbond W25Q32BV/FV (4MB)
S/N = C6609040434D4C2Fh
Status = 02h, WE bit is enabled, blocks protection is disabled
Chip Erase, please wait... done.

C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\spi\SPIPGM>spipgmw /p C:\Users\Aiden\Downloads\unlocked_bit\W25Q32BV_FV_4MB-PRR-FLOCKDN-Unlocked.bin

SPI FlashROM Programmer 2.28 (C) 2008-2018 by Martin Rehak; rayer@seznam.cz
Compiled by GCC 8.1.0 at 11:48:02, Oct  6 2018
(Win9x/NT/64 compatability)

SPI connected to LPT port at I/O base address: 378h, SCK pulse width: t+0us
FlashROM JEDEC ID, type: EF4016h
Winbond W25Q32BV/FV (4MB)
S/N = C6609040434D4C2Fh
Programming page at: 003FFF00h (100%)

C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\spi\SPIPGM>spipgmw /v C:\Users\Aiden\Downloads\unlocked_bit\W25Q32BV_FV_4MB-PRR-FLOCKDN-Unlocked.bin

SPI FlashROM Programmer 2.28 (C) 2008-2018 by Martin Rehak; rayer@seznam.cz
Compiled by GCC 8.1.0 at 11:48:02, Oct  6 2018
(Win9x/NT/64 compatability)

SPI connected to LPT port at I/O base address: 378h, SCK pulse width: t+0us
FlashROM JEDEC ID, type: EF4016h
Winbond W25Q32BV/FV (4MB)
S/N = C6609040434D4C2Fh
Verifying sector at: 003FF000h (100%)
Verify OK.

C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\spi\SPIPGM>
find
quote
#39
what do you mean by unlock smm ?
find
quote
#40
it didn't work once more.
I've just verified it again after pulling the chip from the board.
It behaves just like the first mod you sent.
Now restoring the original backup.
EDIT:It turns out it may have been a cmos bug (currently redoing it over). I think I was supposed to remove the cmos battery before and after programming.
I hope this is what caused even the first mod to fail, but if it works I suppose I could programme it using fpt
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)