Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424188
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223878
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309539
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274958

HP Pavillion DV6 6173SF PCI IDs PERMUTATION REQUEST
#1
Hi everybody,

I know that my bios is RSA protected which prevent it from being safely modded, nevertheless, I would like to be able to use a wireless pci-e card other than the one shipped with the laptop.

I tried the white list removed and features enhanced of my bios modded by camiloml and it does actually work but not at 100%, the LAN led keeps blinking all the time depending on the network activity which is very annoying, and the bluetooth card is not detected anymore without to mention the fact that I am very uncomfortable to use a bios that can potentially crash my computer at every reboot or so even tho I know what I am doing.

I already managed to mod an hp bios a couple of years ago, in the exact same circumstances (white list removed but LAN led blinking) by replacing the Ids of the white listed card that came with the laptop by the Ids of the new card and it worked perfectly even if I could only use that card from that moment on (http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...OM-BCM4315).

And that's what I've tried to do again, but the technology in play nowadays in the HP bios is very different from the last time, and despite some amount of time spent doing some research, I could not find a way to do this by myself.

I believe and if I am wrong, don't hesitate to correct me, that if only the ids are swiched that won't affect the RSA signature as the bios will carry on the same amount of data.

So, I'm turning towards you, bios modders expert, can you do this for me ?

Here is the link to the original bios : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54024.exe

And the card Ids :

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Properties (this is the one which Ids should be replaced)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086&REV_34
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&CC_0280

Atheros AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter (this is the new one which Ids should be replaced wih)

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&SUBSYS_E01F105B&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&SUBSYS_E01F105B
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&CC_0280

thanks in advance to all of you guys,

cheers
find
quote
#2
Quote:I believe and if I am wrong, don't hesitate to correct me, that if only the ids are swiched that won't affect the RSA signature as the bios will carry on the same amount of data.

I feel sorry to correct you but a single bit change invalidates RSA signature. So the risk to crash your computer is same, maybe it will not suffer the led problem. Maybe is worth a try, but this bios would be interesting only for you, hmmm will have a look at this request if i have spare time.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(11-05-2011, 01:04 PM)camiloml Wrote:
Quote:I believe and if I am wrong, don't hesitate to correct me, that if only the ids are swiched that won't affect the RSA signature as the bios will carry on the same amount of data.

I feel sorry to correct you but a single bit change invalidates RSA signature. So the risk to crash your computer is same, maybe it will not suffer the led problem. Maybe is worth a try, but this bios would be interesting only for you, hmmm will have a look at this request if i have spare time.

No problem and thank you very much in advance to take a look at it!

But if you rather explain me how I can access the bios decompressed in the ram and/or which tools to use I could maybe try by myself.

The last time the bios extension was .FD so that I could use Ezh20 to decompress it in the ram, WinHex to modify the data and finally a modified platform.ini to use with InsideBios, but this time the bios extension is .BIN and I couldn't find anywhere some information on how to decompress it or what tool to use
find
quote
#4
You need Andy's Phoenix tool 1.90B2 or greater, i know exist 1.90b4 and 1.91 which is latest.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
(11-05-2011, 04:06 PM)camiloml Wrote: You need Andy's Phoenix tool 1.90B2 or greater, i know exist 1.90b4 and 1.91 which is latest.

hmmmm I've tried it, but I end up with a lot of .ROM files, what should I do with it? and how do I recompile all the files together into one single .BIN file afterward?
find
quote
#6
That .rom files are unpcked modules that compose your bios, you need ti find in which one the whitelist is and mod the pci id into it/them. Phoenix tool let you recompress the modded bios using the advanced options.

Open bios with andy's, select "other" manufacturer, click advanced options, accept the warning, and mark there "preserve module size, No slic, and allow user to change modules" and click go. When tool pauses it's time to mod the modules and when finished accept the message tool show when paused, and it will recompress bios with your changes.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
(11-06-2011, 05:07 AM)camiloml Wrote: That .rom files are unpcked modules that compose your bios, you need ti find in which one the whitelist is and mod the pci id into it/them. Phoenix tool let you recompress the modded bios using the advanced options.

Open bios with andy's, select "other" manufacturer, click advanced options, accept the warning, and mark there "preserve module size, No slic, and allow user to change modules" and click go. When tool pauses it's time to mod the modules and when finished accept the message tool show when paused, and it will recompress bios with your changes.

Okay thank you, your explanation looks very clear. One (last) question, how do I edit the modules ?? Using which tool ?
find
quote
#8
Lol, hex editor of your choice Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
(11-06-2011, 11:55 AM)camiloml Wrote: Lol, hex editor of your choice Smile

Oh okay, that means the .ROM file are already hex formatted, didn't know that, thank you !

But there is a lot of rom files, can you tell me if the HEX is written in the right order or in backwards order (example: 3C A4 or C3 4A) ??

I'll give it a try probably too night, I'll keep you posted
find
quote
#10
if you try to find 168c:002b PCI id then you must search for 8c 16 2b 00

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)