Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224576
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

HP Pavillion DV6600 series Phoenix BIOS unlock request
#21
Haha well i tried it it sort of works but AHCI will not work as it should the drive gets detected by windows7 but i cant change anything on it either in ahci or linux-ahci or raid boot from the harddrive fails on all except native ide mode anyone know if this is the hardware that causes it or could the bios need some more work? just curious Smile

Or am i doing somthing wrong to enable ahci ? Smile
find
quote
#22
Just tried this bios on my dv6815nr.

"B" gives me an error before flashing.
"A" corrupts my BIOS and have to rescue it with Crisis Disk.

Am I missing something?


Also need a nowhitelist version, because I've installed faster wi-fi n card which is not present in the original whitelist.
find
quote
#23
(01-27-2013, 04:16 AM)Hagis2k Wrote: Haha well i tried it it sort of works but AHCI will not work as it should the drive gets detected by windows7 but i cant change anything on it either in ahci or linux-ahci or raid boot from the harddrive fails on all except native ide mode anyone know if this is the hardware that causes it or could the bios need some more work? just curious Smile

Or am i doing somthing wrong to enable ahci ? Smile
No, you have done nothing wrong. The symptoms you describe are pretty much what I have encountered as well.
Set AHCI to [Enabled] => "Hard Drive not found."

It has something to do with bad support for AHCI, from nVidia.
Over at nForcer's HQ, they have drivers for AHCI, but in my case it was still impossible to get them to work, since I couldn't even get the HDD to be detected in order to install the OS and then the drivers. So I gave up. Tongue
It seems HP noticed how bad it was supported and decided, for stability's sake (since the ODD is IDE) to keep it in IDE mode, with the option to change it off-limits to the end-user.
Hard Drive performance in these nVidia chipsets isn't something to write home about, that much I can tell, but they work fine if you ignore the performance. AHCI would help, but I'm sure it would be something too noticeable.
(01-27-2013, 03:09 PM)speedycars Wrote: Just tried this bios on my dv6815nr.

"B" gives me an error before flashing.
"A" corrupts my BIOS and have to rescue it with Crisis Disk.

Am I missing something?


Also need a nowhitelist version, because I've installed faster wi-fi n card which is not present in the original whitelist.
Well, it should work. The official BIOS files match the ones I used. Only one of the .WPH files is the right one for your computer, though, so it's normal that the other one outputs an error. (most likely checksum)
As for the one that indeed flashes and proceeds to corrupt the BIOS...I'm out of ideas. Does the official BIOS update do the same?
find
quote
#24
(01-29-2013, 07:36 AM)_JP_ Wrote: No, you have done nothing wrong. The symptoms you describe are pretty much what I have encountered as well.
Set AHCI to [Enabled] => "Hard Drive not found."
So AHCI is not working for you too in the end?

(01-29-2013, 07:36 AM)_JP_ Wrote: Well, it should work. The official BIOS files match the ones I used. Only one of the .WPH files is the right one for your computer, though, so it's normal that the other one outputs an error. (most likely checksum)
As for the one that indeed flashes and proceeds to corrupt the BIOS...I'm out of ideas. Does the official BIOS update do the same?

Of course not, the official BIOS is working fine.
Here is the error with the "B" version:
[Image: dsc05385f.jpg]
After this error, the laptop freezes with this image on the screen and have to remove the battery to start it again.
find
quote
#25
(02-09-2013, 07:09 AM)speedycars Wrote: So AHCI is not working for you too in the end?
Yup.
With AHCI off everything works fine, though, albeit slower.
(02-09-2013, 07:09 AM)speedycars Wrote: Of course not, the official BIOS is working fine.
Here is the error with the "B" version:
[Image: dsc05385f.jpg]
After this error, the laptop freezes with this image on the screen and have to remove the battery to start it again.
Невярна функция = False function
(To the best of my translation skills, anyway)
I noticed you are using Win8. Maybe the flashing program is not being able to access system components due to account restrictions?
I remember some flashing software getting pissed at UAC, in Win7 and Vista. Haven't had the chance to work with Win8 yet.
find
quote
#26
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have a DV9812us, and am trying to access BIOS to enable AHCI for my new SSD. Current Phoenix F.34 with no option. I am inquiring if this mod will work for me? I have read the 3pages of this post. It is inferred that this mod will also work with dv9x000 series. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)