Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424190
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223891
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309541
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274960

HP dm4t BIOS Mod Request
#1
First of all thanks so much for all the info on your site. I really learned alot. I hope you can help educated me a bit on this subject too. Earlier I posted on the HP Disabled Whitelist Mega Thread. After some searching however I seem to have more problems.

This is HP Pavilion dm4t. Its one of the newer laptops. The BIOS whene extracted had a InsydeFlash tool for flashing the drive. HOWEVER, When running any BIOS detection tool they can not detect BIOS type or information AND when trying to open with any InsydeBIOS tools it says not InsydeH2O BIOS. How the heck could I figure our what kind of BIOS is in this machine???

Here is my Older Post for reference and all my BIOS Info I can get:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new HP dm4t and have been trying to mod the BIOS for months. I can’t even open the [censored] thing in EZH2O. Older EZH2O says cannot get FV information. Newer EZH2O says The FD file is not an InsydeH2O BIOS. What I can open has none of the strings I search for pertaining to my WiFi Cards.

Can someone please try and crack this for me and update the whitelist or completely remove it.

Old WiFi Card’s IDs that can be replaced:
1) Intel N-5100: 8086 0083 13058086
2) Broadcom 4313: 14E4 4727 145C103C

New Card I want added:
1) Intel Advanced-N6200: 8086 4239 13118086 (The new Correct ID)


-Board: HP - 146A - v.58.23
-Bios Revision : F.17A
-Bios Type : InsydeBIOS
-Bios SLIC : 2.0
-Bios Link : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50302.exe

I would be forever grateful because right now I installed the card after a full boot and I can’t turn off the laptop, just put it in sleep mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone has had any luck with these BIOS Files please share. This is the 2MB Insyde Bios but I have tried opening other 2MB Insyde BIOS for different HP models and they work fine. Just not this one.
find
quote
#2
ah we have encountered this one before. For some strange reason its 2.25mb instead of the usual 1mb / 2mb

I tried opening it in just a hex editor and looking for the IDs but they seem to be split up a lot! (As in I cant find the start of the whitelist!)

Sorry but this one doesnt look good Sad

Admin
find
quote
#3
Wink 
(11-05-2010, 05:30 AM)1234s282 Wrote: ah we have encountered this one before. For some strange reason its 2.25mb instead of the usual 1mb / 2mb

I tried opening it in just a hex editor and looking for the IDs but they seem to be split up a lot! (As in I cant find the start of the whitelist!)

Sorry but this one doesnt look good Sad

Admin

I think I got it. When you install the BIOS HP has a utility partition that it saves your current BIOS and where it downloads BIOS updates HP Health Check finds. Well the file in the HP Current BIOS in the Utility partiotion was labeled (01433.bin) and it was 2MB. (The Original we were trying to edith was labeled 01433.FD and it was 2.26MB

Well long story short I load it with ezH2O and it loads perfectly. I open it and search for the strings for my Old card and find it in 6 places. But I run in to two problems.

1) Problem I have now it when I do a find and replace string then save it in Hex Editor and ezH2O it doesnt seem to save it. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. When I save and re open it has the same old string in the 6 spots.
2) Even before editin I find the new Intel 6200 string in 3 places... with the text on the right hand side saying UnAuthorized.

Can you take a look at it for me? Is there a way I can send you the extracted 01433.bin file because it Seems like this problem should be really solvable now and finally the new dm4 dv5 and G42 owners can mod their bioses or use our mods.

Thanks so much. Ill still try and edit it myself.

find
quote
#4
Thats great news , you can upload the extracted 2MB file to any file host or just attach it onto your post (click edit , then full edit)

If you provide us with this file we may be able to mod Big Grin

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#5
(12-07-2010, 01:38 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Thats great news , you can upload the extracted 2MB file to any file host or just attach it onto your post (click edit , then full edit)

If you provide us with this file we may be able to mod Big Grin

Regards
Admin

Here is the link: HP DM4 F.17A BIOS - 01433.bin

This is the MOD I was trying to make:

Old WiFi Card’s IDs that can be replaced:
1) Broadcom 4313: 14E4 4727 145C103C

New Card I want added:
1) Intel Advanced-N6200: 8086 4239 13118086 (The new Correct ID)

Thanks

PS. After opening with ezH2O I use Save As and it saves it as a .FD file. I flashed the BIOS with it and it works fine. So if you could just save it as a .FD after the mod.
find
quote
#6
Sorry but i cant work this one out! Sad

Admin
find
quote
#7
Did anyone ever get anything to work for this laptop?
find
quote
#8
agha saman age emkanesh hast be farsi tozih bede ke man chetori file 01433.fd bios ro be 2 ta file bios tabdil konam

mersiiii
find
quote
#9
(12-07-2010, 12:17 PM)SamanS2000 Wrote: Here is the link: HP DM4 F.17A BIOS - 01433.bin

This is the MOD I was trying to make:

Old WiFi Card’s IDs that can be replaced:
1) Broadcom 4313: 14E4 4727 145C103C

New Card I want added:
1) Intel Advanced-N6200: 8086 4239 13118086 (The new Correct ID)

Thanks

PS. After opening with ezH2O I use Save As and it saves it as a .FD file. I flashed the BIOS with it and it works fine. So if you could just save it as a .FD after the mod.

Can someone PLEASE repost the file linked in this post!
find
quote
#10
JuzzMann needs it to recover his bios.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)