Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6412
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14045
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 144
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424568
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3658
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 329
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 347
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224882
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119211
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 300
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6819
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 441
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309840
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62009
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 659
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20320
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169442
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6392
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 866

HP dv7t-6100 (sp55068) RSA sig, flashing without Win7
#1
Is it possible to get valid RSA sigs for one of these?


I tried using PhoenixTool to extract 01658.sig for the included 01658.bin. For the first, the generated SIG did not work when I tried to apply it using the 3-in-1 USB booting to UEFI. The tool failed to recognize the BIN file and would not generate a SIG file for the second.

If the answer is YES, then that is probably the fastest route to success. Given what I went through to get to where I am now, I doubt it will be that easy...

Here is the full story:

  1. I had bought the HP dv7t-6100 new from HP, but when the disk drive crapped out in less than a year, I bought a MacBook and mounted the drive externally to recover what I could. Meanwhile, I replaced the drive with an SSD, loaded Linux on it, and never looked back. I had tried to generate the backup/recovery disks when I first got the machine, but HP's tools had completely failed to do anything other than waste some writable DVDs. So I have no way to boot the original (Windows 7) OS that came with it. I do have a version of Windows (currently upgraded to Windows 10) running in Parallels as well as a few installation DVDs for Windows 7 Ultimate.
  2. The first challenge was to install the official BIOS update from HP (sp55068.exe). I was able to extract the files using other OSs, but was unable to run this or the EXE files in it on the HP, even after creating bootable Windows USBs and/or booting to the install disks and entering recovery mode. The closest I got was booting into recovery mode from the Windows 7 32-bit/X86 disk, although it still ran into some DLL failure that I was unable to resolve. (Under Windows 10 or Windows 7 64-bit, it complained that the environment wasn't supported.) However, I was able to create an HP 3-in-1 recovery USB (sp82614.exe) and extract 01658.SIG (PhoenixTool from this website) using virtualized Windows 10. Then using the F2 UEFI diagnostics boot, I was finally able to flash it (having renamed 01658.dec.bin to 01658.bin and rsa.sig to 01658.sig).
  3. Of course, what I really want to do is to flash a non-whitelist version so that I can install the Intel 6235 that's been sitting on my desk for a few years now. When I tried using the new BIN/SIG that I was able to generate for sp55068_NWL_ByCamiloml, the flasher complained that it did not recognize it. The 3-in-1 Diagnostics USB actually boots FreeDOS, although the only way that I'm able to get the flash updater is to use F2 at startup to boot the diagnostics. I tried stuff like renaming the HP_TOOLS partition, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
Does anyone have better experience with doing this on an HP laptop?

-Jerry
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)