Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14003
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424473
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 208
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224560
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169336
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

HP pegatron APX78-BN AGESA update
#11
I've made new mod with updated microcode.
Please flash it & make updated "exported reg entry".
P.S. I use usual disassembler.
find
quote
#12
(09-19-2016, 02:43 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I've made new mod with updated microcode.
Please flash it & make updated "exported reg entry".
P.S. I use usual disassembler.

 Hello DB,

Thanks again. New BIOS downloaded.
I won't be able to flash until this afternoon (in France) but as soon as flashed I'll post you the reg entry.
Also I've already tryed the the following mod but it was not working (added cpu patch, see screenshot please).

Regards.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#13
(09-19-2016, 02:43 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I've made new mod with updated microcode.
Please flash it & make updated "exported reg entry".
P.S. I use usual disassembler.

Hello,

flash done with mod2 provided rom.
Anything still seems running fine.
And I cannot see any change in CPUZ or even in the registry entry.
Anyway here they are posted.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0]
"Component Information"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"Identifier"="AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3"
"Configuration Data"=hex(9):ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"ProcessorNameString"="AMD Athlon™ X2 280 Processor"
"VendorIdentifier"="AuthenticAMD"
"FeatureSet"=hex(4):fe,7d,3b,24,00,00,00,00
"~MHz"=dword:00000e10
"Update Revision"=dword:010000c8
"Update Status"="Success"
"Previous Update Revision"=dword:00000000
"Platform Specific Field1"=dword:010000c8

Let me know if you want to add comment/other thing inside I should be able to test.

Got a question : did you let the loop jump pointer in place (don't remember if the words are correct for that since it's a long time ago from my studies...) ? or did you implement something else (other than the cpu patch) ?
My thought is HP is locking their mobo and also the model of supported CPU/hardware, even if any componenet is able to drive newer CPU (I choose the X2 280 because I was pretty sure it was working without any mod but ... you know I was wrong on one side but true since the motherboard is very happy with it running now with your mod)

Thanks,

Regards.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#14
Microcode isn't loaded from BIOS. Sad
Try to flash my new mod.
Make new "exported reg entry" after flashing and reboot. New screenshot of CPU-Z isn't needed.
P.S. In my first mod I've make the jump over printing error string & rebooting. Now I try to fix microcode loading. It's very important for Ubuntu.
find
quote
#15
(09-20-2016, 02:02 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Microcode isn't loaded from BIOS. Sad
Try to flash my new mod.
Make new "exported reg entry" after flashing and reboot. New screenshot of CPU-Z isn't needed.
P.S. In my first mod I've make the jump over printing error string & rebooting. Now I try to fix microcode loading. It's very important for Ubuntu.

hello,

Since there was no difference inside the screenshot/reg this was my conclusion also.
So I'll try your new mod and get back to you once done.

Regards.
find
quote
#16
(09-21-2016, 05:14 AM)JeanGab31 Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 02:02 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Microcode isn't loaded from BIOS. Sad
Try to flash my new mod.
Make new "exported reg entry" after flashing and reboot. New screenshot of CPU-Z isn't needed.
P.S. In my first mod I've make the jump over printing error string & rebooting. Now I try to fix microcode loading. It's very important for Ubuntu.

hello,

Since there was no difference inside the screenshot/reg this was my conclusion also.
So I'll try your new mod and get back to you once done.

Regards.
Hello,
Flash done.
Output/screenshot seems to be the same.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0]
"Component Information"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"Identifier"="AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3"
"Configuration Data"=hex(9):ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"ProcessorNameString"="AMD Athlon™ X2 280 Processor"
"VendorIdentifier"="AuthenticAMD"
"FeatureSet"=hex(4):fe,7d,3b,24,00,00,00,00
"~MHz"=dword:00000e10
"Update Revision"=dword:010000c8
"Update Status"="Success"
"Previous Update Revision"=dword:00000000
"Platform Specific Field1"=dword:010000c8

Regards.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#17
It's rather strange.
Make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
find
quote
#18
(09-22-2016, 03:06 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: It's rather strange.
Make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.

hello,
It is indeed. But not that much... My understanding (what I reed inside different forums) is that for AMI bioses it's very difficult to update the AGESA and that's this part that need to be updated but I do not have a deep knowledge, so I could be wrong.
Anyway here is the backup file (hope the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 is a false positive virus since it was detected by all my av but all the versions have the same checksum so I ran it anyway).

Thanks,

regards.
find
quote
#19
OK. Can you make "exported reg entry" with native CPU?
find
quote
#20
(09-22-2016, 02:27 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: OK. Can you make "exported reg entry" with native CPU?

Hello,

Yes I can of course since the CPU were exchanged a lot of time, I decided to change heatsik and let the cas open so now I can remove it and heatsink in a few seconds.
I'll do it this morning, I mean in few hours. And post it.

Regards.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)