Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224574
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

HP pegatron APX78-BN AGESA update
#21
(09-23-2016, 12:27 AM)JeanGab31 Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 02:27 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: OK. Can you make "exported reg entry" with native CPU?

Hello,

Yes I can of course since the CPU were exchanged a lot of time, I decided to change heatsik and let the cas open so now I can remove it and heatsink in a few seconds.
I'll do it this morning, I mean in few hours. And post it.

Regards.

Hello,

sorry for the dealy. I had trouble with my SAS raid card on another machine so I had to troubleshoot this first.
Here the reg and screenshot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0]
"Component Information"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"Identifier"="AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2"
"Configuration Data"=hex(9):ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"ProcessorNameString"="AMD Athlon™ X2 250 Processor"
"VendorIdentifier"="AuthenticAMD"
"FeatureSet"=hex(4):fe,7d,3b,24,00,00,00,00
"~MHz"=dword:00000bb8
"Update Revision"=dword:010000c7
"Update Status"="Success"
"Previous Update Revision"=dword:00000000
"Platform Specific Field1"=dword:010000c7


regards.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#22
As I thought. I've made fourth mod.
Make new "exported reg entry" with native or new CPU after flashing and reboot.
find
quote
#23
(09-24-2016, 03:59 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: As I thought. I've made fourth mod.
Make new "exported reg entry" with native or new CPU after flashing and reboot.

Hello,

Don't know if this is what's you're expecting but here it is after mod4 flash.
Since I do not want to die idiot if you please can just at the end explain what's happening I would be happy.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0]
"Component Information"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"Identifier"="AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2"
"Configuration Data"=hex(9):ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"ProcessorNameString"="AMD Athlon™ X2 250 Processor"
"VendorIdentifier"="AuthenticAMD"
"FeatureSet"=hex(4):fe,7d,3b,24,00,00,00,00
"~MHz"=dword:00000bb8
"Update Revision"=dword:010000c7
"Update Status"="Success"
"Previous Update Revision"=dword:00000000
"Platform Specific Field1"=dword:010000c7

Thanks,

regards.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#24
(09-24-2016, 03:35 PM)JeanGab31 Wrote: Since I do not want to die idiot if you please can just at the end explain what's happening I would be happy.
As I said
(09-20-2016, 02:02 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Microcode isn't loaded from BIOS. ... Now I try to fix microcode loading.
but I wasn't successful. So just use my first mod. Windows load the newest microcode itself.
BTW: native BIOS didn't load microcode for AM3 CPU too.
Please post new topic in Confirmed CPU Support Upgrades with attached BIOS mod.
And add "[Solved]" to this topic's header by editing first post.
P.S. You can delete your BIOS backup from this topic...
find
quote
#25
Hi all - I have this motherboard (Pegatron APX78-BN) and I am currently using the HP stock supplied: -
  • AMD Phenom™ 8650 Triple-Core Processor, 2300 Mhz
  • BIOS American Megatrends Inc. 5.12, 17/02/2009 (AGESA source code updated  to 3.3.2.0 – I think)
  • Socket AM2+ (I think)
 
I would like to upgrade the CPU without changing the motherboard. Can anyone confirm the following please?
  1. Using existing BIOS – what CPU(s) can I upgrade to?
  2. Using the modified BIOS posted in this thread - what CPU(s) can I upgrade to?
 
Any help and advice would be very much appreciated as I am a complete novice!
 
Many thanks
Mark

Ps apologies if I am posting my question in the wrong section Huh
find
quote
#26
This motherboard should support almost all CPUs for AM3 with my mod.
find
quote
#27
(03-23-2018, 01:03 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: This motherboard should support almost all CPUs for AM3 with my mod.

Many thanks for the quick response!

Now, just to demonstrate how much of a novice I am, I've read through https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-update/ and it states... Copy the BIOS update image that you want to flash to the USB flashdrive (If you are unsure of where to get this, please post in our forums). For the Award platform, the BIOS file should be named “bios.bin”; for AMI, it should be named “bios.rom”; and for Phoenix, it should be named “bios.bin”

The filename for your mod is NUT5.12 but with no extension. Yes I know you will think I am completely thick but if you can point me or fill in the gaps it would be very much appreciated?

Thanks!
find
quote
#28

  1. Run sp43067.exe
  2. Install it until a dialog window appears
    [Image: mm6a8h.jpg]
  3. Go to %temp% directory and find there a folder with name looks like pftA567.tmp
  4. Go into it and replace the file NUT5.12 with modded one.
  5. Return to a dialog window, press OK and go ahead.
find
quote
#29
Hi,

@Deathbringer, is there a way to apply your updated Nutmeg microcode without using sp43067.exe? This seems to be a Vista+ specific utility. i.e. It wont complete on XP.

I was thinking maybe AMI Flash utility from 2011 (see below), but would greatly appreciate some reassurance before I brick this.

Directory: "...Desktop\afuwin32\"
Contents:
AFUWIN.EXE
AFUWIN.TXT
AMIFLDRV32.SYS
README.TXT
README_AFUWIN.TXT
< Place NUT5.12.rom here? >
find
quote
#30
I make mods, but I don't teach anyone to flash modded BIOS.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)