Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

HP xw4600 Bios Upgrade for Xeon X3363
#1
I upgraded the Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU to a modified Xeon X3363 on this machine. It works, but now I got the following startup error:

"1801 - Microcode Update ErrorMissing or Invalid Processor Update. Please contact
Hewlett-Packard Company for a new microcode update to Support the new Processor Stepping."
"F1:Boot"

Fans ran at 100%.

Details:
Motherboard: HP Model 0AA0h (X38 chipset)
Bios: 786F3 v01.34 (latest)
Link: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publi...nvOid=4059

DeathBringer kindly provided the modded bios microcode for the fix very quickly, thanks:

Download this file and extract all files into bootable USB stick with DOS.
Boot from USB stick with DOS and run FlashBin.exe.
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5mWzL5...hqdFk/edit
find
quote
#2
DeathBringer -

I would like to attempt a 771 CPU in this motherboard.

The CPU is a Xeon E5450 SLBBM with CPUID 1067Ah.


These are the microcode files for this platform:

cpu00010676_plat00000004_ver0000060f_date20100929.bin
cpu00010676_plat00000040_ver0000060f_date20100929.bin

I will attach them here:


.zip   45nm.zip (Size: 8.4 KB / Downloads: 22)

If you could insert those for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

edit: Doh! I just realized that the X3363 is also 1067, so thanks for this BIOS. Wish me luck.
find
quote
#3
You can try this , however there is a warning at the link below that states the E5450 is not compatible with the X38 and other chipsets.
Check out this eBay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301215853245?eui...xe,ext=ext
find
quote
#4
maewiotr
All requested microcode are already added. But UncleDano is right and E5450 isn't compatible with X38 chipset.
find
quote
#5
Yes, thanks... It should not work, but I'd like to give it a shot before I invest in an X3363.

Already got the chip and the sticker adapter on the back, now I just need to flash the BIOS and cut off the plastic 775 keying.

I have an E5430 SLANU and a E5450 SLBBM.

I will inform you gentlemen of the results, G-D willing.
find
quote
#6
Flashed to latest BIOS (1.34 I think).

Flashed updated microcode.

Result:

E5450 SLBBM: Fail
E5430 SLANU: Fail


Another thing to note was that GCDROM could detect the SATA controller but not the stock Optiarc drive, eventhough IDE mode was set.

AHCI.sys (Intel CD Driver from HP sp39596) did though, when it was set to AHCI.


Ok, looks like I'll need to buy an X3363.  Thanks chaps.
find
quote
#7
maewiotr
It's microcode update for current CPU only. So you use it after(!) installing new CPU.
find
quote
#8
Thumbs Up 
Thank you so much UncleDano!!! All works! Smile
find
quote
#9
So the X5460 will not work with this? The Dell 545 I modded died so I bought a xw4600 board, right now I have my Q9400.

@DeathBringer can you update for the X5460?
find
quote
#10
Read this topic attentively - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...#pid113537
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)