Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 96
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424412
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3613
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 276
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 203
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 303
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224441
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119165
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6782
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 401
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309700
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61958
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20272
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169266
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6341
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 821
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5793
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61195

HP xw8400 Workstation BIOS
#1
Hello, new to forum, so please excuse my ignorance if this is not the right area. Can someone help with with unlocking the BIOS on an HP xw8400 workstation? I've looked everywhere to see who makes the BIOS but I cannot find it.

I do know the board uses an Intel 5000X Chipset. I am currently running Dual Xeon 3.2Ghz Dual Cores. I am considering swapping to 2.33Ghz Quad Core Xeons, and would like to know if OC ing options/Voltages, etc. can be unlocked. Particularly memory timings. I will gladly provide any further info (BIOS v2.37 I think...will confirm at next reboot) required.

Any help, suggestions or information would be appreciated. I AM PC/Tech savy, so not a total noob, just a noob here Wink I'd just like to know if this unit can be unlocked and opened up. Thank you in advance for your time.
find
quote
#2
post a link to the bios download

find
quote
#3
(07-18-2011, 02:44 AM)toshiba Wrote: post a link to the bios download

I'll do one better, here's the installer for v2.38 straight from HP. I used Winrar as the site would not let me upload the raw exe

"This package contains the System BIOS image (BIOS Family 786D5) and local and remote BIOS flash utilities for the HP xw8400 Workstation. These utilities can be used to restore or update the System BIOS."



Attached Files
.rar   sp51225.rar (Size: 1.95 MB / Downloads: 43)
find
quote
#4
(07-18-2011, 04:05 AM)Axeman098 Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 02:44 AM)toshiba Wrote: post a link to the bios download

I'll do one better, here's the installer for v2.38 straight from HP. I used Winrar as the site would not let me upload the raw exe

"This package contains the System BIOS image (BIOS Family 786D5) and local and remote BIOS flash utilities for the HP xw8400 Workstation. These utilities can be used to restore or update the System BIOS."

Did that work for you?
find
quote
#5
Toshiba, did that BIOS file work for you? Or do you still need the direct link?
find
quote
#6
I had gotten an email reply that someone named Williamsguides had posted to this thread, but I don't see it, and the excerp I got from the email notification looked very informative. (I see he was banned, but what did I miss???)I haven't heard anything since posting this originally. Can anyone tell me if unlocking this BIOS is even possible??? My original post was on July 18th, and I've heard nothing about it except the reply from Toshiba.
find
quote
#7
HI ,

i have downloaded the bios file from HP website and i found that it`s not phoenix , EFI or insyde so i can`t mod it for you .

you should knew your bios brand ( phoenix , ami , award , efi .....etc ) and post the request in the right section ( ami section , award section ,......etc ) sothat you get the right attention as it seems like no moderators give attention to this section cause the requests are all found in the requests sections in the forum .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#8
(08-03-2011, 09:59 AM)Axeman098 Wrote: I had gotten an email reply that someone named Williamsguides had posted to this thread, but I don't see it, and the excerp I got from the email notification looked very informative. (I see he was banned, but what did I miss???)I haven't heard anything since posting this originally. Can anyone tell me if unlocking this BIOS is even possible??? My original post was on July 18th, and I've heard nothing about it except the reply from Toshiba.

Williamsguides was a spammer, I tried your bios also but couldn't extract it, does it not tell you the bios manufacturer when you boot up or go in to the bios options?

find
quote
#9
I'm in a similar boat to the op. I have the same machine and want the bios modded for slic 2.1. I've been able to find absolutely nothing on the bios. RW-Everything doesn't have any information either. See pic:

   

I've spent a good chunk of time trying to find a tool to modify it and its not happening. Anyone know how I might manually modify it or know someone who could? Bios file is posted in a message above.

find
quote
#10
(11-25-2011, 06:40 AM)karmicthreat Wrote: I'm in a similar boat to the op. I have the same machine and want the bios modded for slic 2.1. I've been able to find absolutely nothing on the bios. RW-Everything doesn't have any information either. See pic:



I've spent a good chunk of time trying to find a tool to modify it and its not happening. Anyone know how I might manually modify it or know someone who could? Bios file is posted in a message above.

I have the exact same BIOS v2.38 Have had absolutely no luck trying to mod anything on it. I mean, it runs good, dual quad cores, 16Gb Ram, but I'd still like to be able to mod it a bit....
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)