Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223997
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20231
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6282
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61133

[Help] Add New UEFI Boot Entry // Asrock Rack C2750D4i w/EFI Spec 2.31
#1
Hi there!  This is my first post, so I hope I am following the rules correctly and have this post in the right location and formatted correctly.

I have an ASRock Rack C2750D4i and I have just upgraded to ESXi 6.7.


The installer did not create a UEFI boot entry so it doesn't boot automatically, however I can get it to boot manually by entering UEFI and launching fs0:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTx64.EFI.  So I know that the OS itself installed correctly.

The problem is I cannot manually add a boot entry using bcfg or efibootmgr.  The EFI shell is running 2.3 with this UEFI, which supposedly comes with bcfg, but when I type:


Code:
help bcfg

I get unknown command.  If I type:


Code:
help ef*

I only have eficompress and efidecompress.  I have paged up/down through help and nothing is popping out at me.

ESXi was installed with a USB flash drive which was formatted using an ISO transferred with Rufus 3.11.  When I booted the machine I was able to select UEFI: Sandisk and the installer ran and installed the OS  This signifies to me that the installer launched in UEFI mode, and the flash drive was properly formatted.  I mention this as there are some comments around the web about laying down the image incorrectly using Rufus. I tried transferring via DD on MacOS, but then I couldn't get it to boot UEFI.  I don't have any physical Linux hosts.

Additionally, I have seen lots of posts of others having this issue, but they all have tools to edit their boot entries with their EFI shells. I have seen this KBA from VMWare, and this is still a problem for them for versions 6.5 through 7.0 software:

Host Fails to Boot After You Install ESXi in UEFI Mode
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSpher...A9979.html

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)