Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424161
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 216
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223792
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119099
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309513
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20220
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169147
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6264
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 768
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5737
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61113
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274950

[Help] Core i5 560m with Lenovo Y550P
#21
(03-07-2017, 02:50 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Don't buy i7-620M (SLBTQ) and i5-540M (SLBTV) - they have stepping K0.

Finally, i'm going to take out my brain and cook & eat it Smile
 I will dig it. Thank you very much again.
find
quote
#22
(03-07-2017, 02:50 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Don't buy i7-620M (SLBTQ) and i5-540M (SLBTV) - they have stepping K0.

Hi, it's me again.   Undecided
Today i have found core i7 620M SLBPD model and bought it. I just came home and installed it.
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SLBPD.html

But no boot, no screen... Lights on and 10 seconds later, laptop turns off itself..
I'm going crazy :/  I gave him 560m and a lot of money to buy i7 620M  (Only %5 performance increase...)

NOTE: 3 of the pins were slightly bent but i corrected them a little bit and with a little push, i can install it to Cpu slot without (?) problem..
 I think the problem is BIOS again... Can we do something about it? This cpu is stepping C2.
find
quote
#23
(03-08-2017, 11:12 AM)baris.seven Wrote: Lights on and 10 seconds later, laptop turns off itself..
Good sign!
Try this algorithm:
1) remove AC jack, Main Battery, and CMOS Battery
2) remove HDD and all DIMMs
3) install new CPU
4) wait 10 mins
5) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
6) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only, inject AC jack (without Main Battery!)
7) try to boot your laptop.
(03-08-2017, 11:12 AM)baris.seven Wrote: I think the problem is BIOS again...
I don't think so. In this case BIOS even wasn't loaded by the motherboard.
find
quote
#24
Oh if it's good sign I'm trying right away now.
Why bios is not loaded with 620m but loaded with 350 Sad
Anyway.. Get to the process now.
But I'm not sure i located the bios battery?
There is a black button on motherboard and there is writing "100" on it.
find
quote
#25
The picture of it;
http://i.hizliresim.com/O0ZWo4.jpg
find
quote
#26
No, it's near ExpressCard slot.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1CchQLXXXX...p-font.jpg
find
quote
#27
Oh Ship it's difficult i have to tear down all of it Sad
It's the button that has blue ring right?
I hope i can access it.. And hope that it's not soldered cmos battery Smile (lenovo forums someone says that it's half (?) soldered)
find
quote
#28
It isn't button. Smile
If the algorithm will not help then your i7-620M is simply dead...
find
quote
#29
Hey it's button okay i meant something but my mother language is not English Tongue it's like a button :p

I can't open the full chassis. And i don't have to.. I touched the battery with a screwdriver and it's soldered to motherboard... I can't do it. I can solder it but I'm afraid of it. Opening the chassis will be really hard it seems.. Cut off the bios battery and then solder is a risk too.. Sad
What the f## is this i hate it. Why me Sad
350m and 740qm was just fine.. Didn't need all of this..............
find
quote
#30
Try algorithm without CMOS Battery removing...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)