Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424128
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 213
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223726
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6736
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309493
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169138
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274945

Help. My acer iconia W701 bricked after bios update
#1
After I update my Acer w701 bios, my w701 bricked. Read from this forum , I can bios recovery by crisis but I need the Bin file. I tried to using extract from the bios exe file for window (only source I know) from acer . I got  the IFLASH.BIN place in a usb  thumbdrive and hold the windows +vol up+ power button. Led did flashing for a while but the tablet still not working. Do I did the right thing? Can any expert here advise?
find
quote
#2
The file needs to have the correct name: "V1JB1X64.fd".
I have uploaded it here with the right name: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...UxbjA/view
find
quote
#3
(04-24-2017, 08:53 AM)mclarke2355 Wrote: The file needs to have the correct name: "V1JB1X64.fd".
I have uploaded it here with the right name: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...UxbjA/view

Thanks mclarke2355 for the fast reply. Downloaded the file and will try with it tomo.
find
quote
#4
Try with the file, the tablet did do more than before the thumb drive lighted longer and turn on the cpu fan but no display.
 Wait for 20 min the fan still on but still no display.
Try turn off by power button, no response
Unplug and Try turn off by power button, no response
insert a pin into the reset button hole and shut down the tablet
Now it can't turn on at all.
Any help?
find
quote
#5
Sorry, I don't know how to solve this problem.
The failed BIOS update from before might have corrupted some code that's responsible for the BIOS recovery, causing it to fail.
The only possible way to get it back working would be to reflash the BIOS-chip with a SPI-programmer, but I can't help you with that for this model.
Otherwise you'll have to turn it in for repair.
find
quote
#6
(04-25-2017, 08:21 AM)mclarke2355 Wrote: Sorry, I don't know how to solve this problem.
The failed BIOS update from before might have corrupted some code that's responsible for the BIOS recovery, causing it to fail.
The only possible way to get it back working would be to reflash the BIOS-chip with a SPI-programmer, but I can't help you with that for this model.
Otherwise you'll have to turn it in for repair.

Thanks mclarke2355. 

My guess is to reflash the bios chip with spi programmer. This model come with EC (25q16c) and BIOs (25q32b) chips but only got 1 bios bin file 6mb in size . Any idea how to spilt the bin file in EC and BIOS?
find
quote
#7
I created two flashable images (2MB + 4MB) from the Acer BIOS file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...otZTg/view
The 2MB chip contains the Intel ME Region and the Flash Descriptor and the 4MB chip contains the BIOS region.
The header was removed as it isn't necessary here.
I also found the schematics for this model: https://mega.nz/#!LtETySIA!sOn_LhYcAqsnV...32AgVaFZgI
These images don't contain the individual data (Windows key, etc.) of your device, but if you upload the dumps of the two chips, I might be able to integrate the data into the clean image. I cannot guarantee it, though.

Possible SPI chips are:

Winbond W25Q32
Winbond W25Q16
EON EN25Q32
EON EN25QH16
Macronix MX25L16
Macronix MX25U16
find
quote
#8
Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the failed BIOS update from before might have corrupted some code that's responsible for the BIOS recovery, causing it to fail.The only possible way to get it back working would be to reflash the BIOS-chip with a SPI-programmer.

assembly circuit board
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)